PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys catch Marty's comments about Cordero/Milwaukee Press?

Rocket_Fuel
04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Marty said that the Milwaukee Press was all over Cordero and tried like crazy to get him to say something controversial and something that could be twisted into bashing Milwaukee. Finally, a reporter asked Cordero how he could leave a winning team just to chase money. And Cordero told the reporter he felt that he had a chance to win with this team. And Marty said he liked that answer. This Reds team has a chip on their shoulder. It's funny how they tried to get Cordero to give the Brewers some bulletin board material and instead gave the Reds the bulletin board material! :beerme:

Nuxhall41
04-10-2008, 07:26 PM
A winning team? Yeah, technically, I suppose. They were four games over .500, right? Apparently it doesn't take much to please the crowd in Milwaukee.

Rocket_Fuel
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
A winning team? Yeah, technically, I suppose. They were four games over .500, right? Apparently it doesn't take much to please the crowd in Milwaukee.

So true! :laugh:

GoReds33
04-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Cordero is a great guy, and that's just evidence of it. I hope he continues to say things like that. This team needs a leader.

HeatherC1212
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I really like Cordero and not just because he gives us the closer we've needed for years. He's also a great guy and a really good mentor to the young pitchers on the team. Thanks for coming to Cincy Coco!! :)

goreds2
04-11-2008, 01:48 AM
It is great to have a STUD guy in the bullpen now.