PDA

View Full Version : 6-4 will be the most over .500 this year

redsupport
04-16-2008, 11:07 PM
say goodbye to .500 on the good ship dusty

durl
04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
They're not that far below .500. They could break out of this slump soon.

AccordinglyReds
04-16-2008, 11:41 PM
OMG 6-9....watch out for the sky! It's falling already. :rolleyes:

BearcatShane
04-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm not happy about the start either, but things will change for the better, I promise. The Reds have pitching, with the exception of Fogg, who might have made his last start for a while today, and when you have pitching, your going to win some games. And the offence will be ok. If they can start playing a little better and stay around .500 for the first 40 games, they're gonna be fine.

TheBigLebowski
04-16-2008, 11:58 PM
6-9 stinks. No doubt. Still, it's way too early to give up. I still think that this team, sans Fogg/Castro/Coffey, is a playoff-caliber team.

Jr's Boy
04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Central Division=Roll Dice.

WildcatFan
04-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Roll dice=throw out Josh Fogg every fifth day

AmarilloRed
04-17-2008, 01:13 AM
6-9 stinks. No doubt. Still, it's way too early to give up. I still think that this team, sans Fogg/Castro/Coffey, is a playoff-caliber team.

I agree with this. Harang/Arroyo/Cueto/Volquez/Belisle(with Bailey waiting in the wings) is one of the strongest rotations in the NL. Our bullpen and offense should improve, so it is too early to give up yet.

bubbachunk
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
LOL
Do you always make such absurd comments with such a small sample size

EddieMilner
04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
say goodbye to .500 on the good ship dusty

isn't somebody a negative ninny.

redsupport
04-17-2008, 11:17 AM
5 losses in a row to intradivision teams, I guess there is a lot to smile about

will5979
04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
5 losses in a row to intradivision teams, I guess there is a lot to smile about

Agreed. People can call me a bandwagon or whatever, but until this organization actually CARES and starts WINNING, I'm not watching baseball. This organization obviously cares NOTHING about their true loyal fans so why should I care about this so called MLB team?

This is an organization that won 3 WS titles in 15 years. And we are losing for 8? They are an embarrassment to the BRM and the 90 team, and to be quite frank just the whole franchise.

EddieMilner
04-17-2008, 11:27 AM
This organization obviously cares NOTHING about their true loyal fans so why should I care about this so called MLB team?

Can you please expound on the first part of that sentence? I would like to know the reasons you feel that the Reds organization cares nothing about their true loyal fans?
Is it because of the 8 losing years in a row?

uks2h
04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I would agree that the Reds ownership and management don't care about their fans at all. I am almost put out with the disgrace of a program the Reds have been so far this MILLENIUM.

bgwilly31
04-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm not happy about the start either, but things will change for the better, I promise. The Reds have pitching, with the exception of Fogg, who might have made his last start for a while today, and when you have pitching, your going to win some games. And the offence will be ok. If they can start playing a little better and stay around .500 for the first 40 games, they're gonna be fine.

I beg to differ.

2 of our starters are terrible.
Arroyo
FOGG
2 of our relievers are terrible
Weathers
Coffey

Our pitching staff while i agree is "close" to being strong. But close to being strong is not going to give you a winning team.

Combine that with slow bats. And you get 5-6 losses in a row.

EddieMilner
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I beg to differ.

2 of our starters are terrible.
Arroyo
FOGG
2 of our relievers are terrible
Weathers
Coffey

Our pitching staff while i agree is "close" to being strong. But close to being strong is not going to give you a winning team.

Combine that with slow bats. And you get 5-6 losses in a row.

Arroyo is a decent pitcher. If you think he is terrible, based on performance thus far this season, do you also feel that Dunn, EE, and Votto are horrible as well? Sometimes it takes a little while to get going. 162 games is a long time. A season is not won nor loss in the first 2 weeks.

The beauty about baseball is its a patient game, you don't only have 16 games to prove yourself, you have a whole 162. You wait for a pitch, you wait for the next at bat, and you wait for the next game. It isn't an instant karma type of sport. Its a sport of averages, because the sample size is so incredibly huge and things tend to average out with that many data points.

will5979
04-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Can you please expound on the first part of that sentence? I would like to know the reasons you feel that the Reds organization cares nothing about their true loyal fans?
Is it because of the 8 losing years in a row?

Simple, this was once a proud WINNING franchise. Now we have turned into the Pirates and its sad. We used to be feared, now opposing fans want to see us play their team cause there is a good chance for them to go home happy. Ownership has done NOTHING to get this team to the postseason. For the first time in 15 years I refuse to make a trip to a Reds game this year. I'm fed up, oh well football is right around the corner.

mroby85
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
this team will be fine. people are over-reacting to a small sample size. while it's excruciating to watch right now, things will change for the better.