PDA

View Full Version : Who do you bring up?

tommycash
04-23-2008, 09:31 AM
If the Reds decide to part ways with Fogg and send Coffey down (or release him too), who would you bring up from AAA to replace them. Do you bring Homer up, or do you keep him in AAA so he can get more innings and more confidence? How about Justin Lehr? He is about 30, but he is very low risk. He is pitching very well in AAA and if he came up and pitched in the majors and failed he would be easily released and we wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. With Homer, if he failed, we would all go into panic mode and wonder if our top pitching prospect was finished. Lehr, if he suceeded, could help us out and could prove to be trade bait if the playoffs become out of reach. How about Jim Brower? Does anyone know that his ERA is 0.00 after 10 AAA innings. Now I know he has only pitched 10 innings, but he has a 0 ERA none the less. Tom Shearn is another low risk option. He has an ERA in the 3 area. Bill Bray and Jon Adkins have pitched well too. OR do you simply sign a free agent? Let me know what you all think.

ChatterRed
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM
I would bring up Lehr and give him his shot. We've given everyone else a shot from Dumatrait, Shearn, Belisle, Fogg, etc...........what's one more? I think Homer needs more work in triple A.