PDA

View Full Version : Bengals draft special

icehole3
04-24-2008, 04:14 AM
was on last night and the Bengals showed off all their scouts and who's on their draft board Jim Lippincott Director of Football Operations and holder of Mike Brown's cross dressing photos started of the program talking about these guys in this order.

DL - dorsey ellis long harvey gholsten

RB - mc fadden jones mendenhall johnson stewart

LB - rivers lofton groves

DBs - mc kelvin rogers cromartie talib jenkins phillips zbikowski

OL - long williams otah clady baker albert

TE - carlson cottam davis

WR - kelly jackson sweed thomas caldwell

QB - ryan brohm flacco

Dave Lapham take on the 1st round, says if Ellis is gone its Mendenhall, says they wont trade up may trade down. Rb, WR in the second but if one of the OLs on their board drops they grab him. I can comment later on individual players.

my opinion based on watching this Lippincott special was I pray to god Ellis falls in our lap and I think in the second round theyre gonna reach and grab RB Chris Johnson, they must not be happy watching Rudi work out.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Animations/pray.gif

LoganBuck
04-24-2008, 07:38 AM
I missed the program but they usually tip their hand in this show. Last year they talked about Hall, Two years ago they talked about Whitworth alot. Was there a player that will probably be around in the second that they seemed to salivate over?

Benihana
04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
This makes me sick

Tony Cloninger
04-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Jim Limp.....anyways...basically this guy has a job so it means ANYONE of us could have his job. I cannot believe this guy has the title he does.

YOU can draft a RB in later rounds....but this inbreed org...with minimal full year scouting cannot do that type of leg work to get a good one.

It should be ...DL and then LB.....then trade down...if all 3 fail THEN a WR.

icehole3
04-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I missed the program but they usually tip their hand in this show. Last year they talked about Hall, Two years ago they talked about Whitworth alot. Was there a player that will probably be around in the second that they seemed to salivate over?

the 2 guys they had a hard on about was Chris Johnson and Chris Williams the OLineman, sounds like their gonna reach for those two. I dont even think theyve thought about day 2 in the draft, this organization is so sloppy.

WVRed
04-24-2008, 12:35 PM
the 2 guys they had a hard on about was Chris Johnson and Chris Williams the OLineman, sounds like their gonna reach for those two. I dont even think theyve thought about day 2 in the draft, this organization is so sloppy.

Chris Williams I doubt will even be there when we pick.

Chris Johnson on the other hand will be, but my concerns is that he is more of a speed back and nothing else.

Screwball
04-25-2008, 03:04 AM
I dont even think theyve thought about day 2 in the draft, this organization is so sloppy.

Yes, in fact they are unaware there is even a 2nd day to the draft this year. Mike Brown = Teh Suck, so therefore all Bengals coaches are incompetent.

Yachtzee
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
I actually think Mike Brown is a good person and that's what has been his pitfall over the years. I think guys like Jim Lippincott have jobs because they hung around long enough and were loyal to the Brown family rather than being good at their jobs. Granted, that's just an outside view, but that's what I gather. I look forward to the day when Mike Brown retires and someone steps in to run the Bengals who values performance over loyalty. Loyalty is good when you're running a family business in a small community, but this is a billion dollar business. In this case you need performance.

Redsfaithful
04-25-2008, 11:39 PM
I look forward to the day when Mike Brown retires and someone steps in to run the Bengals who values performance over loyalty.

It'll be Katie won't it? Not sure if that will be better or not, but at least she's seen how bad her dad has been by meddling so much. Hopefully that's made an impression.

Redhook
04-26-2008, 07:30 AM
It's 7:30 and I'm a little nervous/worried. I fully expect the Bengals to screw this draft up, bigtime. This draft, 10 picks, is so important to turning this team back around. I wish I had more confidence that they could pull it off.

Also, I'm really, really hoping Ellis falls to the Bengals. With their luck, it won't happen.

Highlifeman21
04-26-2008, 12:27 PM
It's 7:30 and I'm a little nervous/worried. I fully expect the Bengals to screw this draft up, bigtime. This draft, 10 picks, is so important to turning this team back around. I wish I had more confidence that they could pull it off.

Also, I'm really, really hoping Ellis falls to the Bengals. With their luck, it won't happen.

I fully expect the Bengals to pull a Bengals or a Krivsky with the 1st round pick and completely punt.

I may jump on the Browns bandwagon depending on this draft. I'm sick of Mike Brown, I'm sick of people saying Chad's the problem, I'm stick of plenty with this team. It's a laundry list of complaints for me with the Bengals.

Yachtzee
04-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I fully expect the Bengals to pull a Bengals or a Krivsky with the 1st round pick and completely punt.

I may jump on the Browns bandwagon depending on this draft. I'm sick of Mike Brown, I'm sick of people saying Chad's the problem, I'm stick of plenty with this team. It's a laundry list of complaints for me with the Bengals.

The Browns may be coming off a good season, but they are way more disfunctional that they appear. I've lived in the Cleveland area for most of my life and I've never been tempted to switch allegiances. Browns fans have been subjected to just as much misery by their ownership as the Bengals have, if not more, and current ownership isn't necessarily better than past regimes. The Browns success last season was more likely in spite of Randy Lerner than because of it.