PDA

View Full Version : How bout we just trade for Berkman?

TheOnlyRedsFan
04-24-2008, 06:24 PM
lol

He absolutely kills us when we play against him.

redsupport
04-24-2008, 06:25 PM
we had a chance for berkman for free but the "BRAIN trust" picked Brandon Larsen

TheBigLebowski
04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Because then we'd have to trade for Hall, Bay, McLouth, Mark DeRosa, Chase Utley, etc.

Let's face it - the reason why so many teams seemingly have guys who "kill the Reds" isn't because of some sort of grudge against our city or something strange in their DNA..fact is, we have bad pitching. Bad pitching produces a lot of hitters that "kill you."

mound_patrol
04-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Because then we'd have to trade for Hall, Bay, McLouth, Mark DeRosa, Chase Utley, etc.

Let's face it - the reason why so many teams seemingly have guys who "kill the Reds" isn't because of some sort of grudge against our city or something strange in their DNA..fact is, we have bad pitching. Bad pitching produces a lot of hitters that "kill you."

Part of it is that a lot of them are really good hitters and hurt a lot of teams.

jmac
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Some players for some reason or other just hit well in certain parks. But rest assured, if he wore a reds uni, it would change.
Just say Dante Bichette !

smoke6
04-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Corey Patterson used to kill us too. What's your point? :D

CarolinaRedleg
04-24-2008, 10:19 PM

Don't forget Brian McCann. He absolutely mashes when he comes here too. (And as an added bonus, that'd clear up the catcher situation in a hurry)

Red in Atl
04-25-2008, 01:26 AM

That's cause we sucked ;)

Red in Atl
04-25-2008, 01:26 AM

And add Bill Hall to that list...

elfmanvt07
04-25-2008, 08:24 AM
That being said, I agree that we haven't really moved for a big name bat in quite a while. We've gotten some big bats, they just didn't have a name when they showed up.

I honestly feel I'm walking through a strange alternate reality this season. We can pitch but we can't hit? It's like a bad science fiction movie.

BLEEDS
04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I did that once. In some MLB game I had for XBOX. 2003 version of something I think. Traded a crap-load in order to get Berkman and Oswalt from Houston, you know the two biggest Reds killers of all time - and this was like 4+ years ago, so they hadn't even built their FULL legacy THAT much against the Reds.

Berkman inserted into cleanup and Oswalt OBVIOUSLY the team's #1. I think I also traded for another veteran SP.

Other than that I think Casey and Jr were the only other MEAT I had in the lineup. I don't even think Dunn was on the roster. Maybe. Pokey Reese? Larkin? Can't remember.

Pretty damn good team. Problem was, no matter what I did, Junior would still go out for the season with an injury at some point no matter how much I rested him. Also, the team always SIMULATED much much better than I could play them in non-sim games - kinda like how the Reds look good on paper but not on the field. I think those two things were the most REALISTIC aspects of that game. HA!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

BLEEDS
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
we had a chance for berkman for free but the "BRAIN trust" picked Brandon Larsen

Well sure, we already had Casey, who was surely going to win 3-4 batting titles according to LeatherPants... :thumbdown

PEACE

-BLEEDS

smoke6
04-25-2008, 09:59 AM

And we don't now? LOL

Homer Bailey
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
We will continue to lose games within the division if we can't get Berkman, Bill Hall, Jason Bay, and Derek Lee out. You can throw Pujols into that as well. They all just SHRED the Reds.

Legion of Dunn
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Gotta have Furcal, too.