PDA

View Full Version : One thing you've got to love about Dusty

BoCcc2832
04-27-2008, 06:28 PM
One thing you have got to love about Dusty Baker is that he trusts his guys to produce. When they don't (Edwin E and Todd C.), most people (including me and you) would have benched or demoted those players. Negative in both cases. Edwin plays terrible with the bat and the arm and day after day, Edwin remains out there. He has the fourth-most at bats (before today's game) with 85, behind Keppinger, Phillips, and Griffey Jr. Give props to Dusty Baker, because he knew Edwin would get hot, and sure enough, in the past twelve games, he has hit .370 with four HR's, 7 RBI's, and only 4 K's. We have seen the fruits of the persistence of Dusty Baker.

Now continues the debate about Todd Coffey. He now has 14 appearances, the most on the team and has pitched the most innings of any reliever on the Reds staff. We are still waiting to see Coffey bloom, but Dusty remains confident in Todd's abilities. Maybe we should too.

keeganbrick
04-27-2008, 07:01 PM
The last 2 appearances being mop-up and I dont know how many else this year.

Rounding Third
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah and maybe Corey Patterson will get up to his .298 OBP...

Sticking with Edwin is the right thing to do. A young 3B that tears the cover off the ball when he is hot, not a hard decision. I think we just commend him so much on it because he makes so many other stupid decisions. Its more of like "Hey he got one thing right."

I'm just impressed that the centerfielder didn't leadoff today.

CWRed
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
The CF didn't lead off? Oh dear. I didn't notice that. What is happening? He's lost it. Maybe there is hope....

But seriously, playing EE is the right thing to do. Coffey...not so much but he hasn't hurt the club too much. Continuing to bat the lowest OBP guys first...that is something I wish he would not do.:beerme: