PDA

View Full Version : 10-1 best line up of the year

redsupport
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
10-1 plenty of offense, a coincidence or a correlation? no griffey or dunn to clog up the team

AccordinglyReds
04-27-2008, 06:50 PM
I think the fact that Zito started is a key reason.

keeganbrick
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Zito plus the fact it was against one of the worst teams in baseball.

redsupport
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I am being positive, why all the negativity?

Chris Sabowned
04-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Great hitting today, but a lineup with Hairston, Patterson, and Freel is probably not a lineup we want to throw out there very often. It helps that Zito is downright terrible right now.

AccordinglyReds
04-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I am being positive, why all the negativity?

It's not negativity, it's reality. Do you really think the Reds would be successful the entire year with that lineup?

thorn
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Who said anything about being successful for the entire year? Considering Dunn and Griffey have been horrible lately, this was the right lineup, TODAY.

Rounding Third
04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Juan Castro could have hit Zito today.

ChatterRed
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Who said anything about being successful for the entire year? Considering Dunn and Griffey have been horrible lately, this was the right lineup, TODAY.

:thumbup::beerme:

Newman4
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
I do think that today showed that the Reds will be ok without Griffey and Dunn longterm. Pencil in Jay Bruce in place of Freel or Jerry Hairston Jr. and add in BP, Votto, Kepp and EE. Not too bad of a lineup.

AccordinglyReds
04-27-2008, 08:09 PM

The fact that the OP said Griffey and Dunn "clogging" was the reason the offense was doing terrible.

I didn't mind the lineup today at all, in fact I thought it was good to rest them. All I was saying that Griffey and Dunn producing is vital to the team, and it can't be replaced by Freel and Hairston forever.

goreds2
04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Zito plus the fact it was against one of the worst teams in baseball.

You have heard it before. "You HAVE to beat on the lowly teams if you want to contend." Yes, my fingers are crossed. :)

DannyB
04-29-2008, 08:47 AM
10-1 plenty of offense, a coincidence or a correlation? no griffey or dunn to clog up the team

It would be very hard for me to watch that lineup every day.

Degenerate39
04-29-2008, 12:53 PM

Because they wouldn't score 10 runs every day. They would have struggle's just like the other line up eventually.

Jack Burton
04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
I thought that was a pretty good lineup, helped us defensively.

HUHUH
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM

It's been painful for me to watch the lineup with Griffey and Dunn for the last several years. Poor defense, lots of strikeouts, minimal clutch hitting...
Hey, do you realize that we haven't had a winning season since Griffey arrived, and that we were 1 game out of the playoffs the year before he arrived?

You can complain all you want about pitching, injuries, blah blah blah...

But the bottom line is, Griffey and Dunn are losers. PLEASE trade them as soon as possible. I don't even care what we get in return. The cost savings is reason enough.

Give me 8 Freels and our current pitching staff and we'd win.

Orodle
04-30-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree on moving atleast one of them to make room for Bruce. I would rather it be Jr since he's older.

RedLegs11
04-30-2008, 11:00 PM
No trade Jr. we would get way more back for dunn

Jack Burton
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
It's been painful for me to watch the lineup with Griffey and Dunn for the last several years. Poor defense, lots of strikeouts, minimal clutch hitting...
Hey, do you realize that we haven't had a winning season since Griffey arrived, and that we were 1 game out of the playoffs the year before he arrived?

But the bottom line is, Griffey and Dunn are losers. PLEASE trade them as soon as possible. I don't even care what we get in return. The cost savings is reason enough.

Great post, I agree.

Rounding Third
05-01-2008, 03:36 PM

Wow...

Most injured team of part time players in the majors history?

Degenerate39
05-01-2008, 04:08 PM

LOL! Reckless fielding, makes a lot of bad plays on the basepaths, injury prone because of that reckless fielding. That that's going to win more than the Reds are right now! How many times has this guy made horrible diving catches that cost the Reds some runs? If you said "Give me 8 Keppingers and our current pitching staff and we'd win." Then I would have to agree with that.

Also what has Freel won that Griffey and Dunn haven't? What makes them losers but Freels balls to the wall stupidity in the field makes him a winner? Didn't Griffey make it to the postseason with the Mariners a few times? Has Freel ever made it to the playoffs? Not that I know of. Yeah I guess he's a proven winner unlike Ken Griffey Jr.

Jack Burton
05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I think what he meant by "Freel" is the all out effort. Maybe a guy who doesn't quite have the same talent as one, but more determenation and will to win.

Fil3232
05-01-2008, 08:37 PM

Yeah, nevermind some of the worst pitching in the franchise's history. It's Dunn and Jr.'s fault they couldn't score 7 runs every game.

Unreal. :rolleyes: