PDA

View Full Version : Post game thoughts (4/27)

Grande Donkey
04-27-2008, 07:03 PM
1. Volquez is the real deal. He is going to be special.
2. Volquez' change is the real deal. It is a special pitch.
3. Volquez needs to work on pitching from the stretch. It looks like that gave him some problems.
4. Barry Zito is a terrible pitcher.
5. Phillips is hopefully out of his slump. Both of those HRs were no doubters.
6. I have no idea how a lineup like that can score 10 runs (other than reason #4)
7. EdE and Votto might be the Reds best hitters.
8. I have no idea what gave people the idea that Votto was a poor fielding 1B. I really like what he does over there. That was a great play to catch the bunt IMO.
9. EdE had another great play over there at 3rd. He can do it he just needs to do it with consistency. Hopefully the extra infield practice is paying off.
10. Trade Freel right now.

Rounding Third
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree with just about everything you said.

Volquez has excellent stuff and is getting close to nailing down his command. He walks 3 people and hit a guy, but still only alllowed 1 run and struck out 10.

Votto needs to be moved up into the #3 spot NOW. Please!

thorn
04-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Nice post, except #6. You realize today's lineup featured the Reds best 8 hitters of the past week? Without Dunn and Griffey killing rallies, it was bound to happen. Now, hopefully Dunn and Griffey can get it going from here on out, the Reds are going to need them to produce.

ChatterRed
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I say give Dunn and Griffey tomorrow off too. :p:

04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I say give Dunn and Griffey tomorrow off too. :p:

I say giving Dunn the season off.

Jack Burton
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
I say giving Dunn the season off.
:dunn: - What's that?

But really, I thought it was pretty a good lineup and it really upgrades our D.

RedR8R
04-27-2008, 09:07 PM
20 runs in the last two days gives me hope that maybe this team is ready to break out of it's offensive slump. There is just way too much offensive talent on this squad for them to continue to flounder. I want to get excited, but the past tells me not to. Screw it, I'm getting excited.

David Cubbedge
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
2 in a row! The offense came out pounding two games in a row as well.

Question; is it a coincidence that the Reds hit so well without Junior and Dunn? 10 runs were scored without them in the lineup. BP baffles me a bit as well. Dude pops up nearly every AB. I know it is tought to complain about the offense after these two big scoring games, but our "big bats" just aren't getting it done.

This makes me feel a bit more comfortable with trading Dunn and/or Griffey. I know it is one game, but we have at least one solid replacement in Bruce in which I think would help us more than either of them two right now.

Man, it sure would be nice to trade Griffey to Seattle for some bullpen help and Dunn to wherever for a RH LF.

Orodle
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
1. Volquez is the real deal. He is going to be special.
2. Volquez' change is the real deal. It is a special pitch.
3. Volquez needs to work on pitching from the stretch. It looks like that gave him some problems.
4. Barry Zito is a terrible pitcher.
5. Phillips is hopefully out of his slump. Both of those HRs were no doubters.
6. I have no idea how a lineup like that can score 10 runs (other than reason #4)
7. EdE and Votto might be the Reds best hitters.
8. I have no idea what gave people the idea that Votto was a poor fielding 1B. I really like what he does over there. That was a great play to catch the bunt IMO.
9. EdE had another great play over there at 3rd. He can do it he just needs to do it with consistency. Hopefully the extra infield practice is paying off.
10. Trade Freel right now.

I agree with everything except #10: Why trade Freel? Your not going to get anything good in return and hes about as good as a utility guy are your gunna find.