PDA

View Full Version : What could you get if you traded Volquez & Cueto now ?

RawOwl UK
04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Just interested in what the Reds could get if they decided to trade them :eek:

I really really dont want or think that this would happen by the way :beerme:

ChatterRed
04-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Okay, check yourself into the insane asylum right this minute.

RawOwl UK
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
They let me out one day a week :)

I'm just curious thats all. Only been into Baseball for around 5 years and really dont know what the Reds would get for 2 wonder kids !!!!

Just a bit of fun :)

Degenerate39
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
What could you get if you traded Volquez & Cueto now?

Screwed

jfleur87
04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
probably nothing as good as those two have the chance to be, maybe we could get kershaw from the dodgers, jonathon broxton and a whole slew of other prospects, but i'm fine w/ keeping the dominican duo

bubbachunk
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
a giant risk

redsfanfalcon
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
a kick in the pants.

RSNtransplant
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
You could easily get a veteran RH power hitter and possibly a LH starter or at least a decent set-up guy, from a team that was out of contention looking to rebuild, so as to make a playoff Run. You could probably even unload a bad salary or two(ie Freel) in the deal since the rebuilding team would be wanting to get deal done before you came to your senses. That be for either of them too.

foxfire123
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Okay, check yourself into the insane asylum right this minute.

Yeah that. I don't think Castellini is that stupid. I hope he isn't at least....

EddieMilner
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I think this is a great question. Selling high is a great idea, it takes a special GM to understand when they are at or near their peak, then deal the players for as much talent as possible.
2 Years ago it seemed very few people would even entertain the thought of trading Bailey, he was going to be Nolan Ryan x50. Then he started to struggle last year, and you started hearing the, lets trade him when his value was undoubtedly lower than the previous year.
When a player is struggling, is when you want to hold on and pray for a turn around. Once that turn around occurs is when you get maximum value.

When players are doing poorly, it is a buyers market and therefore the seller is going to get a poor return for their players. However, when a player is performing favorably is when its a seller's market.

GoReds33
04-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I think you could get a decent number 1. Of course, if you keep them both, you may have two #1 pitchers on your hands.

bgwilly31
04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I think this is a great question. Selling high is a great idea, it takes a special GM to understand when they are at or near their peak, then deal the players for as much talent as possible.
2 Years ago it seemed very few people would even entertain the thought of trading Bailey, he was going to be Nolan Ryan x50. Then he started to struggle last year, and you started hearing the, lets trade him when his value was undoubtedly lower than the previous year.
When a player is struggling, is when you want to hold on and pray for a turn around. Once that turn around occurs is when you get maximum value.

When players are doing poorly, it is a buyers market and therefore the seller is going to get a poor return for their players. However, when a player is performing favorably is when its a seller's market.

im pretty sure you didnt teach anyone anything with this post.

Pretty obvious stuff man.

If a bird has no wings it wont fly. If a bird does have wings it will fly.
"o rly" :D

As for the trade.
-Josh hamilton back.

Slyder
04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
A kick in the groin from every fan who walks out on the team in disgust regardless of return.

Prf15
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I think the only fair deal would be this one:

Johnny Cueto
Edinson Volquez

for

Brandon Webb
Dan Haren
Mark Reynolds
Justin Upton
Max Scherzer
Connor Jackson
Micah Ownings
Stephen Drew
Chris Young
Orlando Hudson
Eric Brynes
Chris Snyder

:beerme:

mlbfan30
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
If you had Cueto/Volquez for Justin Upton/Webb, the DBacks wouldnt do the deal.

Would they would do Cueto/Volquez for Webb alone? Maybe not

foxfire123
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
A kick in the groin from every fan who walks out on the team in disgust regardless of return.

Or beaten to a bloody pulp. :eek:

04-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I think it is a great question, not because it will happen, but it puts their worth in prospective. Fans have a tendency to over-value their own players/prospects. I do it all the time. This is a good exercise to see what these guys are really worth.

MLBfan30 makes a strong point. They are definitely not worth a veteran Cy Young winner in his prime plus one of the best young hitters in the game. I think they are worth more than Webb alone, since I think one of them could easily be a #1 starter very soon, and the other will be at least a solid #3. I would say maybe Webb plus Mark Reynolds who I think has a lower ceiling than Upton. But that may be too much too. In the abstract I think the Reds would need to get a #1 starter plus a strong RH bat for them.

EddieMilner
04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
If a bird has no wings it wont fly. If a bird does have wings it will fly.
"o rly" :D

1. If you want to sound intelligent, don't use double negatives.
2. If you want to sound intelligent, don't use an example that is incorrect.
Many birds that have wings do not fly: penguins, ostrich, etc.

Orodle
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
DBacks wouldnt trade Webb for the both of them.

RedsBuck36
04-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Ummm, Fired!

BurgervilleBuck
04-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Just interested in what the Reds could get if they decided to trade them :eek:
I think they could get hung in effigy if they traded Volquez and Cueto.

RSNtransplant
04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
D-Backs wouldn't trade Webb for either or both, he's the ace of a WS contending team. They wouldn't do it. Sox wouldn't give you Beckett for them, Mets wouldn't give you Santana. No team with a serious playoff chance is going to give up their ace for either of these guys, they might as well tell the rest of their playoff team they are going to field seven fielders from now on.