PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for Griffey

Jim Fazio
05-02-2008, 10:49 PM
After he hits hr #600, whenever that will be, he will be traded and Bruce brought up.

tbball10
05-02-2008, 11:28 PM
i hope to god you are walt jocketty, because that's what this team needs! im not saying it will make us a contender this season, but griifey and dunn need to go. too much payroll and ZERO production.

durl
05-03-2008, 12:06 AM
What teams will pick up his contract? How much of his future revenues (if any) should they be expected to absorb?

Jim Fazio
05-03-2008, 08:25 AM
The yankess will take him!!

chisdad
05-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Why is everyone against Griffey? Bruce will be ready in time!! Who are people going to come see if Griffey is gone?

He got it!
05-03-2008, 09:42 AM
"Who are people coming to see if Griffey is gone?"

:dunno: Jay Bruce. :cool:

smoke6
05-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I love Griffey and I will miss him, but this team needs a change. I would rather see AD, but Griff's best days are behind him.

smoke6
05-03-2008, 10:00 AM
"Who are people coming to see if Griffey is gone?"

:dunno: Jay Bruce. :cool:

And Volquez, Cueto, Votto, and Bailey... Bring on the youth of Reds Nation.:thumbup:

Jack Burton
05-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Why is everyone against Griffey? Bruce will be ready in time!! Who are people going to come see if Griffey is gone?

A winning ball club.

Newman4
05-03-2008, 12:34 PM
A winning ball club.

Haha. My thought exactly. I love this thread. :D

steig
05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
A winning ball club.

I don't care who the star on the team is, i just want to see a winner. I think most people will come out to see a winner whether the team has Griffey, Dunn, or Bruce playing outfield.

ChatterRed
05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
It's not KGJ fault. But the Reds are going nowhere with him.

It wouldn't surprise me if some deal was already made and it it dependent on Junior's HR 600. Might explain Junior's hitting funk.

Hondo
05-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Griffey and Dunn would be perfect for this team and not a Problem if 1 or 2 other Positions had Legit Right Handed Power Bats and 1 Being the "Real Deal" Clean Up Hitter...

Edwin is finnaly starting to hit? I hope Dusty doesn't move him to 4th in the Line Up because he doesn't need that pressure. So he isn't the answer.

Either SS, CF, or C needs some right handed Pop. Catcher isn't likely to have the type of Player this team needs so you have SS, No Ripkens or A-Rods available here. CF??? Well there was Andruw Jones but he is stinking it up... So now what?

The Logical move is to move Griffey and get a Big Time Right Handed Hitter. But this team wasn't going to move him this past offseason due to his 600 Jacks. So Whose fault is it? Management. Thats who.

If you have Adam Dunn in Left, and Ken Griffey Jr. in right... Who do you Add?

Corey Patterson? oh wait he does bat Left Handed????

What kind of Logic is that?

So anyhow... I want Griffey to retire as a Red, which isn't likely now. But if this team was built different... Griffey playing RightField for a Few more years would not be an issue...

BluegrassRedleg
05-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Why in the world are they waiting for 600??? Is anyone really sitting around waiting anxiously for this milestone to occur? Let's face it, the steroid era (even though KGJ wasn't part of it) has blurred the significance of a moment like this. Griffey is to be commended for a great career and reaching the milestone the right way, but if the Reds are really only keeping him now for that purpose, the organization is being run worse than I feared.

05-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Why in the world are they waiting for 600??? Is anyone really sitting around waiting anxiously for this milestone to occur? Let's face it, the steroid era (even though KGJ wasn't part of it) has blurred the significance of a moment like this. Griffey is to be commended for a great career and reaching the milestone the right way, but if the Reds are really only keeping him now for that purpose, the organization is being run worse than I feared.

Completely agree. 500 is a milestone. 600 is like 550, just a number that few have reached.

Why not use this as a negotiating tool? Ask for a better return, since the acquiring team would get nice attendance boost, especially if it's Seattle. Putting a winning ballclub together for the rest of the season will add more attendance than those few days Griffey is at 599. And what if he hits it on the road? Very little to gain by waiting.

jmac
05-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Marty asked Dusty last night about how jr took moving to the #2.
Dusty said he was expecting it. He asked why, and Jr replied he(dusty) wouldnt bat him lead-off and he knew he wouldnt go down(in the order).

Rounding Third
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I think I remember hearing that Griffey jokingly say he was working his way up to leadoff.

Jack Burton
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Completely agree. 500 is a milestone. 600 is like 550, just a number that few have reached.

Why not use this as a negotiating tool? Ask for a better return, since the acquiring team would get nice attendance boost, especially if it's Seattle. Putting a winning ballclub together for the rest of the season will add more attendance than those few days Griffey is at 599. And what if he hits it on the road? Very little to gain by waiting.

This is a good point, you'd think Seattle would pay a little extra for Griffey to celebrate his "milestone". I couldn't care less if he hits his 600th in a Reds uniform or not.

jnwohio
05-04-2008, 11:38 AM
I thought it was telling last nite that after Jr's 3rd K Marty said that right now he was swinging old (I believe that was exactly how Marty said it).

It brought to mind something I rememeber Tracy Jones saying about Pete Rose as manager. According to Tracy, Pete was obsessed with the possibility that Davey Concepcion would "lose it" over nite and expressed the opinion on numerous ocassions that some guys just flat lose it almost literally overnite. I couldn't help but think that after a decent first couple of weeks if that is what is happening with Jr.