PDA

View Full Version : Dunn Trade Idea

dunner13
05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
This is not a rumor or anything I have heard just a trade I thought about. Toronto needs a big bat to DH, we could always use more pitching. So trade Dunn for A.J Burnett. Toronto seems to want to dump burnett and his salary, with moving dunn we would have room to pay burnett. When healthy he is dominant. In some ways I would like to get young talent for Dunn but we do have alot of young pitchers so another top veteran might be what we need.
Personally I would rather trade griff then dunn but if dunn is going to go this is the type of pitcher I would like to get for him.

redsfanmia
05-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I think you are over estimating Dunn's trade value. I think it would be better to just let Dunn ride out the season and get the draft pick.

BEETTLEBUG
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
You are just trading for future Free Agent he can opt out of at end of year to be FREE. I ask about him earlier and you'all said he could do that and he would cause it is Cincinnati.

Ghosts of 1990
05-07-2008, 11:09 AM
It'd be wise to dump Griffey and not Dunn but that's just my feelings.

Newman4
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
You are just trading for future Free Agent he can opt out of at end of year to be FREE. I ask about him earlier and you'all said he could do that and he would cause it is Cincinnati.

I'd like to sign him to an extension if the trade would somehow come to realization. However, Burnett probably will be a deadline deal commodity and the asking price would probably be top prospects that would help in the future and not another FA-to-be.

BEETTLEBUG
05-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Burnett has a contract beyond this year but could get out of it to go else where for more money if he wanted to.

Rounding Third
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
First of all, is Toronto a team that Dunn agreed to be traded to?

Second of all, I would rather have Marcum or McGowan from the Blue Jays rather than an injury prone Burnett.

Orodle
05-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I also would much rather have Marcum or McGowan than Burnett.

CincyRed44
05-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Ditto Marcum or McGowan. Way to many injuries where Burnett is concerned

BigJohn
05-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Josh Hamilton was labeled "injury prone" last year and now look!

Moosie52
05-09-2008, 07:34 AM
It's only May. Hamilton may still have injuries this season.

Krawhitham
05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Just trade him for a right handed center fielder. We have enough starters right now, bring Bailey up before trading fro another starter. Rowand would due, SF would want a window to extend Dunn's contract. Rowand is having problems muscling balls out of Pac Bell park where Dunn would not and and Rowand would have zero issue with GAPB.

Krawhitham
05-09-2008, 10:08 AM
It's only May. Hamilton may still have injuries this season.

A few of his injuries last season were just a way to give him a rest and get him off the 25 man roster.

He had some kind of stomach bug that keep him out of the majors but allowed him to go on tour (to his home town) in the minors, that sounds fishy

He missed what a month with a wrist injury that was so bad the Reds waited 4-5 days (after the All-Star break) to even 1st look at it

The Hammy injury at the end of the season was also BS, Josh said at the time he was not hurt and wanted to play

ChatterRed
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I proposed this trade idea last July.

It is basically a tradeoff of 2 players that are free at the end of the season. But it would give the Reds the chance to negotiate with Burnett, who I think is still topnotch when healthy. Plus, I wouldn't rule the Reds out. I think they could convince Burton that with Junior's contract up at the end of the season, the youth movement, Jay Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Harang signed, that this team is poised to contend.