- E. Volquez singled to center
- C. Patterson struck out looking
- J. Hairston Jr. homered to deep left, E. Volquez scored
- K. Griffey Jr. singled to shallow right center
- B. Phillips grounded into fielder's choice, K. Griffey Jr. out at second

4 dingers in one inning! Just wow!

tommycash
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I think Hairston is nice addition to this team. He gives us a lot more than Castro ever could.

CySeymour
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I think Hairston is nice addition to this team. He gives us a lot more than Castro ever could.

I agree. He definately is not a shortstop, but he does a lot of other things that Castro couldn't. I doubt he keeps this current pace up, but I will take it while it lasts!

HeatherC1212
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
If you check Gameday at mlb.com for the Reds game, they have some videos up for all the HRs. Even if you didn't know the Reds weren't broadcasting the game today, you can tell they're using the Cubs broadcast because by the time the fourth one came around, the announcers were just like, "It's gone. There's another one." in this sort of monotone voice, LOL :lol:

BTW-The trend continues into the fifth inning. At the rate the Reds are going, every single starter is going to have a HR by the seventh inning, LOL :jump:

jfleur87
05-07-2008, 03:52 PM
hopefully however they will continue to try and get better at the situational hitting and not go long ball crazy

CySeymour
05-07-2008, 03:59 PM
hopefully however they will continue to try and get better at the situational hitting and not go long ball crazy

Just my opinion, but I don't think the situational hitting has been their big problem offensively. I think their biggest problem has been baserunners, or the last of them. They came into the game tied with the Brewers for 11th in the NL on OBP. Ironically, the Brewers and Reds also had scored the same amount of runs.

Kingspoint
05-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Would have been nice if there had been a game thread to have read about it.

Rounding Third
05-07-2008, 09:44 PM

I love small ball, but this team wins when it goes long.