PDA

View Full Version : Lets try to trade and get this Ruth kid from the Yankees

tommycash
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I heard they only paid the Red Sox 100,000 for him and he has great LH power. I could see him hitting over 700 HR one day.

Also, we need a RH power bat too. Lets get Mays from the Giants. I think we can swing a deal and send Freel, Majewski, and Patterson for him.

I also heard that the Royals were shopping Buddy Biancalana. Maybe we could get him, as he would help us out a 2B. (Sorry, I have been waiting a long time to involve Biancalana in a discussion).

I just wanted to put something on the board that is way out there to lampoon all of these requests for trades that seem to be a little far fetched. I am not putting any one down, just having a little fun with it.

So here's to you.:beerme:

smoke6
05-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd like to see us land Ted Williams, but I hear he lost his head recently.

piecrust
05-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I'd like to see us land Ted Williams, but I hear he lost his head recently.

:eek:
that was harsh

smoke6
05-08-2008, 03:32 PM
:eek:
that was harsh

How's so? :D

redsfanmia
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I'd like to see us land Ted Williams.

We already have one "surly" outfielder who doesnt really like the media and we have another one who isnt very good in the clutch so lets not add Ted.

ChatterRed
05-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Are Dimaggio, Mantle, and Gehrig available?

RSNtransplant
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
We already have one "surly" outfielder who doesnt really like the media and we have another one who isnt very good in the clutch so lets not add Ted.

Are you saying Williams wasn't clutch, he's 4th all time in average, 6th in RBI, had only one season with OPS less than 1.+, won the triple crown twice and he led the AL in runs created in 9 of 10 years in between fighting in two wars. Even if Jack Fisher grooved that last pitch he hit for a HR, he still hit it for a HR.

Rounding Third
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Ted Williams OBP is too high, he clogs the bases.