PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time Griffey got a day off?

LouisvilleCARDS
05-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Isn't he way overdue? Put Hairston out there for a couple nights and let Griffey take some time off, because he isn't looking that great at the plate. Watch if he gets a couple nights off he'll step up and get on a roll, it happens all the time.

Orodle
05-18-2008, 04:55 PM
You dont give guys the day off when you are shopping them around :)

LouisvilleCARDS
05-18-2008, 05:09 PM
There's not going to be much shopping if he continues to bat .240 and can't hit a HR in around the past 100 plate appearances. Sometimes you gotta hurt some feelings and deflate some egos to get the team rolling again. Look how being put in the 7 hole has helped Dunn.

OSUredsFAN
05-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Isn't he way overdue? Put Hairston out there for a couple nights and let Griffey take some time off, because he isn't looking that great at the plate. Watch if he gets a couple nights off he'll step up and get on a roll, it happens all the time.

He just had a day off on Thursday, just as the rest of the team.

ChatterRed
05-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Listening to Marty and Brantley on Griffey's at-bats, they pointed out that pitchers are throwing nothing but fastballs anymore and Junior can't get around on them. Not a good sign.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-18-2008, 05:19 PM
He just had a day off on Thursday, just as the rest of the team.

Why do with Valentine at first today then, they were giving Votto a day off?

I think the guy needs a couple days off in a row personally.

Nuxhall41
05-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't know, but he barely legged out a ball that bounded of the 1st baseman and rolled forever yesterday. He was also easily thrown out on the ball grounded into short right with the shift on.

He does not look good out there at all - at the plate, in the field or on the bases.

captainmorgan07
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
I couldn't tell u when his last day off was. I know he was schedule to get one off last weekend but was in the lineup. I say he gets one tommorrow. Even if he doesn't need a physical rest just a mental day.

GoReds33
05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
If I was Dusty I would give him a few days off in a row. His play isn't helping this team. IMO, Getting both Freel and Patterson in the lineup would really help the defense, and could get this team stealing a lot more bases.

Crowther
05-18-2008, 09:08 PM
If nothing else Baker must stop batting Griffey third.

Ahhhorsepoo
05-19-2008, 07:30 AM
There's not going to be much shopping if he continues to bat .240 and can't hit a HR in around the past 100 plate appearances. Sometimes you gotta hurt some feelings and deflate some egos to get the team rolling again. Look how being put in the 7 hole has helped Dunn.

Yeah now he is swinging even more just for the fences.. sorry but if I were a pitcher I would walk the base clogging dunn everytime.. unless you throw 95or up.. he has a hard time hitting a true fastball..

otto
05-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Tuesday I think.

Nuxhall41
05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't know, but he barely legged out a ball that bounded of the 1st baseman and rolled forever yesterday. He was also easily thrown out on the ball grounded into short right with the shift on.

He does not look good out there at all - at the plate, in the field or on the bases.

More pathetic baserunning by Griffey vs. the Dodgers - being thrown out at 2nd on a ball hit into the gap and bobbled by the CF.

Larkinfan_11
05-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Yea Griffey had Thursday off and then he had the first game of the Marlins series off.