PDA

View Full Version : Article on Yahoo

elfmanvt07
05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I was just reading an article by some guy from Yahoo sports about how to improve interleague play. I'll cut to what gets my goat.

The logical idea: Designated hitter in both parks

To make the first idea fair, MLB needs to implement this one. Don’t punish the AL by making its pitchers hit. Give NL fans a chance to see the DH in their home parks a few times a season.

If these games are going to count for home field, there can be no sign of league bias.

I fail to see how it's biased one way or another. If the AL team is at home, they can trot a big Neanderthal cave creature of a man to DH, who doesn't have to field a lick! Their advantage, in my mind, is being able to have a guy fill a roster spot whose sole job is to HIT, and never has to field. (This argument doesn't work when said NL opponent is the Reds, meaning our Neanderthal cave creature named Dunn can DH.)

In closing, I hate the DH rule.

EDIT: Here's the link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ap83AUKYdmPMKMfozROQB.MRvLYF?slug=jp-interleague051608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) to the article.

bubbachunk
05-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Having a DH is not baseball

bounty37h
05-19-2008, 02:16 PM
by DH, you mean those soft American league glorified softball players? That aint baseball.

Krovvy Red
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
If by neanderthal cave creatures, you mean 40-year-old-veterans-who-posted-insane numbers-in-the-90's-while-on-steroids-but-now-can't-hit-worth-a-lick-without-them-and-can't-play-the-field-because-their-knees-are-shot-because-of-said-steroid-use, then yes, that's what a DH is.

I detest the DH rule, but even more detestable is the fact that the huge neanderthal cave creatures that should be DHing are being snuck on the field, posing as ballplayers, hoping no one discovers their defensive liability, all so an AL team can use an overpaid garbage veteran in its DH spot.

elfmanvt07
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
By the way, per my original post, I'm coining NCC (Neanderthal cave creature) as my official new phrase for DHs.