PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose

tommycash
05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Anyone else love listening to Pete during the game last night. Is there anyway we can get him back in baseball. I love that guy. He just tells it like it is.

bgwilly31
05-22-2008, 02:57 PM
I loved listening to him over the other guys.

I hate how the other guys cant show emotion and tell exactly how they feel.

Petey was up there exactly like you said "Telling us like it is" And i absolutely loved it.

Newman4
05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
I agree. I was just sitting there and telling my wife, "I could listen to Pete tell stories and talk all day....they should hire him and fire George and Chris" I love the part where he's like "why the hell does Dusty wear sweatbands?"

jmac
05-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I agree. I was just sitting there and telling my wife, "I could listen to Pete tell stories and talk all day....they should hire him and fire George and Chris" I love the part where he's like "why the hell does Dusty wear sweatbands?"

I dont know if any of you remember when Pete was the manager but he made listening to the pre-game with Marty fun.
The guy has a knowledge of baseball that most (in the game)will never come close to comprehending.
I would love to have a tape of him talking baseball.

_Sir_Charles_
05-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Ummmm...I don't think they CAN hire Pete. WLW is the official MLB station for the Reds. With his ban from MLB, doesn't that include any MLB affiliated jobs too?

Regardless, I agree with you. Pete's my all-time favorite player. Despite what the media's made him out to be, he's a great guy. I've met him on 5 different occasions (card shows...big surprise) over the years and he's always been friendly and fun to talk to. Heck, he's even remembered me and my name each time. This is over a 15 year period no less. Great guy. Do I really have to mention that he belongs in you-know-where? I didn't think so.

tommycash
05-22-2008, 10:08 PM
I think we all know they can't hire Pete. But it would be nice if MLB would reinstate him somehow so he can be a part of the game again. How many of us would rather have Pete over Dusty. I would.

Nasty_Boy
05-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I love Pete but he's off his rocker... As much as I don't like Dusty, I would want no part of Pete managing again.

smoke6
05-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I feel like I need to break out my "Free Pete Rose" t-shirt.