PDA

View Full Version : Why should we care so much?

George Foster
05-25-2008, 07:53 PM
You know,...when the Reds keep running out clowns like Weathers, Patterson, Belisle, and Fogg why should we care? They (the organization) obviously does not care or they would trade or just release them. We are now entering the 12th inning against the worst team in baseball the Padres and Fogg just gave up a 2 run lead. Patterson is 0-7 this game leading off...(yes I just said that), Belisle did not last , and Weathers blew a lead in the 8th.

How does that song go? ah...."Send in the clowns..."

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Corey Patterson is the heart and soul of this ballclub.

(think about that for a minute :lol:)

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Why should we care? Because we are Reds fans.

justincredible
05-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Pudderson is the pits.

Ghosts of 1990
I was talking to my uncle who lives in Cincinnati and has a pulse on the Reds although he is just a baseball fan in general, not a Reds fan. He kind of calls things as they are. He calls a spade a spade and doesn't care if the reds are dead last or world champs.

I said "When do you think we'll see Jay Bruce, you heard anything"

he says back: "I don't know. Only the screwed up Reds would have Patterson in center and phenom Bruce in AAA."

Honestly do you ever get sick of being a complete joke of an organization? Do you ever get tired of feeling this way or are you just used to the stupidity. This isn't a bruce debate, it's just a matter of us continually making terrible moves. It's no mystery why we aren't winners.

Kingspoint
Why is Norris Hopper out so long?

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Honestly do you ever get sick of being a complete joke of an organization?

That's the Bengals.

Jockety and Baker "want to win".

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Why is Norris Hopper out so long?
Until they boot CP out, I have to keep faking my injury.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, Norris Hopper isn't the answer. He's just a different brand of below-average. His OF defense is atrocious.

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, Norris Hopper isn't the answer. He's just a different brand of below-average. His OF defense is atrocious.

Atrocious? Hopper's defense is nowhere near atrocious, and that's not even because I like Hopper.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Atrocious? Hopper's defense is nowhere near atrocious, and that's not even because I like Hopper.

I've seen few players take worse routes to the ball than Norris Hopper. He takes worse routes than Dunn. Watching him play defense is painful.

Ghosts of 1990
05-25-2008, 08:09 PM

Gotta be honest with you. Great comment. People here value Hopper way too much. He is what he is. A nice little player to spot start when he's going well.

In reality, Hopper is nothing more than a marginal player at this level who wouldn't even be the last guy off the bench on a contending or playoff caliber ballclub.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Gotta be honest with you. Great comment. People here value Hopper way too much. He is what he is. A nice little player to spot start when he's going well.

In reality, Hopper is nothing more than a marginal player at this level who wouldn't even be the last guy off the bench on a contending or playoff caliber ballclub.

I remember a game earlier in the year when Dusty subbed Norris Hopper in for Dunn for "defense" in the last inning. Norris ended up totally botching a flyball that Dunn would've caught routinely. He just has absolutely dreadful instincts out there.

captainmorgan07
05-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Norris's defense is not the greatest we all know that. What he does a million times better than patterson is hit. Hopper bunts for base hits better than most in the big leagues. Good contact hitter and nows the strike zone. Unlike Mr.Patterson who frequently swings at bad balls.

George Foster
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
now Harrang is in the game pitching the bottom of the 13th...you go Dusty..

Hondo
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM

I have to agree with both of you... I don't think Norris is that bad at D, but he is a role player, just like Hariston, Bako, and half the other players on this 25 man roster. I like having Norris Hopper on the bench, but he is like you said, he is what he is...

foxfire123
05-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Who's got the Advil? I've got a splitting headache from banging my head against the desk... less painful than watching this game....

Foxfire