PDA

View Full Version : Fogg to 15 day DL

BearcatShane
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Gary Majewski called up. I wonder who the fifth starter will be? Maybe the DFA a catcher and call up Maloney?

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I think we'll find that out in the next 2 days. I believe Matt Maloney is scheduled to start Tuesday. If he's skipped...there's our answer.

As for DFA'ing a catcher...not sure about that. I'm pretty sure we could get something for ANY of our current catchers considering the need for them across the board in the bigs. Optioning one of them is certainly a possibility though.

Aces Wild
06-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Another option is moving JA to the 5 spot, and letting Majewski take his spot in the bullpen. I know this would be replacing a righty with a lefty in the BP, but considering Bray is there and looking fairly good I don't think that's a big deal.

If one of the youngsters were ready I would prefer that route, but I can see the logic in the above scenario if we deem them not ready.

_Sir_Charles_
06-01-2008, 12:59 PM
If they don't call up a Rook, then Affeldt IS the only other option. He had a nice long stretch this season, but lately he's been getting rocked, so I'd lean towards Maloney for certain.

Aces Wild
06-01-2008, 01:05 PM
As I said if I were making the call I would give one of the kids a shot as well, but I can see a scenario where Affeldt is given the nod.

Just trying to prepare everybody for the possibility...lol.:D