PDA

View Full Version : I'm pleased with what happened tonight.

Kingspoint
06-03-2008, 12:06 AM
The performances by Majewski and Weathers were great. Maj stranding the bases loaded and Weathers leaving 2 men on, and then each of them giving another scoreless inning of effort.

If that type of performance continues for the rest of this trip, the REDS will win 4 of these next 7 Road games, if not 5 of them.

Homer Bailey
06-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I think that is what is frustrating about this loss tonight. It was a game that the Reds certainly could have won, and played well for a lot of the game. When you think about it, the only real mistakes were made by Arroyo tonight. Still need to have more patience at the plate and make their starters work.

It's just frustrating hitting the ball so well and not having it drop in. I can totally see the Reds go back to struggling on offense, just like they did on the last road trip after the opening loss. Let's hope that I'm wrong.

06-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Tonight's game exemplifies the significance of 162 schedule. Some nights a team plays its best but just has bad luck, and loses. I am certain that at least one time in the following games left, the Reds will play poorly and win. The key is to be optimistic like Kingspoint, that if you keep playing at your best, you will win most of those games.

dougflynn23
06-03-2008, 01:04 AM
:) Philadelphia is very good. If you split with them on the road, you've done well IMO.

bluesanta
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
All night I heard about how great the Phillies lineup was. Of course Utley is, but when the bullpen shut them out, it just led me to believe that the reason we lost was Arroyo's mistake pitches. We need to split this series, we can't keep struggling on the road.

BurgervilleBuck
06-03-2008, 11:14 AM
This game was easily winnable for the Reds had Arroyo kept it a 2-0 game. But he threw too many first pitch balls and that is rarely a good additive in the recipe for a win.

Get back in the swimming pool, Bronson.

roby
06-03-2008, 12:22 PM
The Reds hammered about seven or eight shots...but they were right at Phillie defenders. A little break here or there and it would have been a win for the Redlegs. (Joey Votto especially got robbed several times!.

bgwilly31
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Two big reasons we lost.

Arroyo--couple mistake pitches. Hr's

Freel---In the line-up. 0-4. A big reason our line-up felt an out of way from really scoring some runs.

Fullboat
06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
The Reds record with Bruce is now 5-2.I believe both of the losses were with Bruce batting third.