PDA

View Full Version : This Team is being Cubbed to death!

Fullboat
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Seriously way to many ex-cubs on this team.
1.Hairston put in a position he is bad at
2.Patterson now 1-17 vs Myers(Hey lets bat him 2nd)
3.Dusty Baker and his crazy lineups

This Team is doomed unless all three go.

_Sir_Charles_
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Don't forget Bako

Fullboat
06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't forget Bako

I didn't I just got depressed after 3.:(

Kingspoint
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Bronson Arroyo is a better hitter than CP right now in their careers. Arroyo will sacrifice, bat 9th in the lineup, only use up maybe 2 AB's per game, and get a hit now and then.

killuminati35
06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
The ex-Cub, Patterson, is definitely killing the Reds. It's insane to start him at this point.

I don't mind Bako starting, though. I could be wrong, but hasn't it been reported that Volquez works really well with Bako -- maybe even Cueto, as well? If so, then I don't mind him starting (when EV and JC pitch). If not, then give Ross the majority of the starts.

TheBigLebowski
06-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I cannot handle any more Patterson or Bako. Come on...2 on, one out in the 8th..critical situation...because of Dusty's unbelievably stupid lineup construction we have Corey up there to K. Corey Patterson is one of the most inept offensive baseball players I have EVER seen.

Bako...well, now that's he's come back down to earth offensively and then some (his at-bats tonight have simply been embarrassingly bad), there is no reason to keep him. He is an awful defensive catcher.

As for Baker...I am going to try to stop beating up on him.

Hairston is still playing pretty good baseball. I think we're better with him than without him.

Jack Burton
06-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I know, it's one thing to get another teams retreads... but the stank cubbies? Downright sickening, absolutely pathetic, disgustingly pitiful, sad.

fielder's choice
06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Look up easy out in the dictionary and you'll see Patterson's face. He saw 4 pitches in his 1st three atbats and didn't hit either ball hard. Still he and that pathetic OBP is at the top of the order.

Nuxhall41
06-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Hairston's been great. Even when he isn't hitting, he usually puts together a professional at bat. As for his D: Yes, he's had a few mistakes, but who on this team hasn't? And remember, Janish helped throw the one game away vs. the Dodgers at the end.

ChatterRed
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Kind of a silly thread on a night where there were 5 total hits out of both teams. :rolleyes:

Nuxhall41
06-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Look up easy out in the dictionary and you'll see Patterson's face. He saw 4 pitches in his 1st three atbats and didn't hit either ball hard. Still he and that pathetic OBP is at the top of the order.

I can't stand either hacker at the top of the lineup - Patterson or Freel.

AdamDunn
06-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I can't stand either hacker at the top of the lineup - Patterson or Freel.

you mean the Freel that's batting .298, stole made the squeeze play work because he's fast and is a smart base runner and plays solid defense. Please.

Blue
06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I know, it's one thing to get another teams retreads... but the stank cubbies? Downright sickening, absolutely pathetic, disgustingly pitiful, sad.

Well said, good sir. :beerme: I also like your sig.

Nasty_Boy
06-04-2008, 11:09 PM
you mean the Freel that's batting .298, stole made the squeeze play work because he's fast and is a smart base runner and plays solid defense. Please.

I wouldn't call Freel a smart baserunner... An aggressive baserunner? Sure... but not smart.

Freel's BA has fallen almost 30 points over the last week or so... he's not a good table setter... that being said, he is 1000x better than Pudderson!

durl
06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Kind of a silly thread on a night where there were 5 total hits out of both teams. :rolleyes:

+1

Fullboat
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM

Its just not tonight. How about that 18 inning game?

Ben
06-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Watching K Patt bat is like getting kicked squarely in the nuts by Anderson Silva repeatedly for the duration of his ABs. Seriously, get him off this team anyway possible. DFA him, Trade him, Send him to the Minors, throw his crap in a duffel bag and ship him to Siberia, I don't care!

TDHND
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
i agree that patterson and bako should both go,let ross be the everyday catcher again.