PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk

WVRed
06-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Saw it earlier this afternoon. I didn't see the first Hulk movie, but this one really seemed to be unresolved and focused more on setting up future Hulk movies. If anything, it reminded me way too much of the first Spiderman movie and almost ended the same way, where the villian is defeated and the love interest is pushed aside.

For those still going to see it, there is no scene at the end of the credits like in Iron Man. I thought there was going to be an extra scene with Robert Downey Jr, and it was at the end of the movie.

In general, it was kind of a letdown compared to Iron Man, but I still have high expectations for Dark Knight.

toledodan
06-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Saw it earlier this afternoon. I didn't see the first Hulk movie, but this one really seemed to be unresolved and focused more on setting up future Hulk movies. If anything, it reminded me way too much of the first Spiderman movie and almost ended the same way, where the villian is defeated and the love interest is pushed aside.

For those still going to see it, there is no scene at the end of the credits like in Iron Man. I thought there was going to be an extra scene with Robert Downey Jr, and it was at the end of the movie.

In general, it was kind of a letdown compared to Iron Man, but I still have high expectations for Dark Knight.

i saw iron man but didn't stay for the end of the credits. what was the scene about?

WVRed
06-13-2008, 09:54 PM
i saw iron man but didn't stay for the end of the credits. what was the scene about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GUH74W8dm8

Marvel is tying in all of these movies to make an Avengers movie in 2011. The end scene for Hulk was also an indicator.

Larry Schuler
06-14-2008, 03:32 PM
My issues with the Hulk has to do with the overplayed running from the military angle which IMO muddies the pace and leaves the audience bored, but it is part of the Hulk's storyline, so I can't blame the filmmakers for it. But all things considered, it was a decent movie, barely makes the top echelon of comic book films, alongside but still far behind Iron Man and Batman Begins.

The Dark Knight makes all this talk irrelevant though. Best movie ever I have yet to see.

Degenerate39
06-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I like that they were talking about the super soldier that created Captain America.

VR
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Went w/ two of my sons, 17 & 12. We all liked it.

"we're trying to get a team together" ;)

OldRightHander
06-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I saw it yesterday in El Paso. Not much better to do when it's 109 outside. I liked it, way better than the last one.

Joseph
06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I saw it yesterday in El Paso. Not much better to do when it's 109 outside. I liked it, way better than the last one.

Jennifer Connelly was the only good thing about the last one though :)

Puffy
06-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Just saw it - really liked it. Soooooo much better than that Ang Lee piece of crap.

Larry Schuler
06-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Ang Lee's Hulk was on the Sci-Fi Channel yesterday.

Just as boring as I remember.