PDA

View Full Version : off season plans

bounty37h
06-19-2008, 02:21 PM
With baseball over now (yes, I know), what are you guys going to do with your summer? Wouldnt it be nice to care mid June-on some year?

Jeremy Piergallini
06-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Bengals training camp starts in July.

Dear lord don't let this be the Reds part II this year.

redsfan1966
06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Watch other teams on ESPN/WGN/TBS or the Indians vs. whoever on STO....

bounty37h
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
K, that raises a good question, do you "pick" another team to follow for the rest of the season; not dumping the Reds as your team, but at least find a team outside of the Reds you can watch and care about, have some passion and excitement of a team in a race? Me personally, I love baseball a ton, but it depresses me to watch MLB without the Reds even remotely in contention, so I usually end up resenting MLB around May or June. I literally get to the point I cant watch other MLB teams, so I turn to local minor league ball (I live near Durham Bulls stadium, am going to the game tonight), am following my Tar Heels in the CWS right now (damn rain last night washed em out in the 1'st), and even stop and watch little league games if I see em to get my baseball fix, but I cant simply watch and care about other MLB teams when my team is soooo bad.

BurgervilleBuck
06-20-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't give up and wait for Bengals training camp. Yikes, the Bengals are more messed up than the Reds and the Mets put together.

When not watching the Reds, though, I tend to root for the Red Sox.

Cicero
06-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I cannot bring myself to root for another team. Period.

NeilHamburger
06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I usually root for the cubs after the reds start to go downhill. I travel up to chicago a couple of times a summer for a visit to Wrigley. Let's go Cubs!!!

bleedsred
06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I will just follow certain players of the Reds...not worry about wins and loses....just hope for growth of the young players for next season.....plus I coach HS football and we have camp coming up in a couple weeks with 2-a-days to follow(July 30th). When HS and college football starts I won't worry too much about the Reds(unless they climb back into the wildcard race somehow).

I remember the '90 season, I was a 10th grader, and how I would miss some of the playoffs due to JV games and varsity games...man I was pissed.

scounts22
06-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I usually root for the cubs after the reds start to go downhill. I travel up to chicago a couple of times a summer for a visit to Wrigley. Let's go Cubs!!!

That is sacreligion.:barf:

dmoe
06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
That is sacreligion.:barf:

i concur. totally and completely blasphemous. :nono::nono::nono:

Hey Meat
06-21-2008, 03:46 PM

What? Holy God. How could you possibly like the Reds and the Cubs both? After the Cubs get eliminated who do you like next? The Cardinals. I am a Reds fan, I will follow them no matter how bad they are. I am going down to Houston to see them when they play later this summer.