PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat - Cordero versus Weathers

BLEEDS
06-24-2008, 03:19 PM
• RHP David Weathers hasn’t allowed a run in his last four appearances and has stranded all seven runners he has inherited this season while RHP closer Francisco Cordero has permitted seven of the nine runners he has inherited to score.

For all the beating Weather's takes for his runs given up, looks like he actually does a MUCH better job of getting out of (others') Jams than Cordero does. Of course, he obviously CREATES more jams for himself, but it is an interesting Stat.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

PedroBourbon
06-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow, I would have never thought that. Lately, (most of the year actually) I cringe when Weathers comes in and usually feel comfortable when Coco is in.

thatcoolguy_22
06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
holy small sample size batman!

ChatterRed
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I cringe everytime Weathers delivers an 88 mph fastball. ;)

Root Down
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I have to say that I'm pretty happy with Weathers this season. He has settled in to the set-up role pretty well.

HalMorrisRules
06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
What Weathers did last night after he loaded the bases and escaped without a run scoring was the biggest moment of the game.

Root Down
06-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Yeah, a lot of things had to come together last night for the Reds to win. Weathers getting himself out of that jam was big, again solidifying my theory.

roby
06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, a lot of things had to come together last night for the Reds to win. Weathers getting himself out of that jam was big, again solidifying my theory.

Don't forget who got Weathers into that jam.

HeatherC1212
06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
That was the weirdest inning of baseball I've seen in a while. The Blue Jays worked Aaron Harang to death by taking pitches and having really good at bats and then all of a sudden they start hitting on the first pitch off Weathers. They hadn't done that all game so I thought that was really odd. I'm extremely impressed Stormy got out of that inning because I thought the game would be over for sure. Something had to have changed for those guys to start swinging at first pitches when they didn't do that as much earlier in the game and even the announcers noticed it. I'm glad Stormy held things together because he looked as befuddled as I did watching at home. So weird. :eek:

Jack Burton
06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
IIRC, Weathers gave up the tying run last night.

texasdave
06-26-2008, 01:09 PM
IIRC, Weathers gave up the tying run last night.

He did at that. Though, by most accounts, a fair portion of that blame rests with David Ross' inability to field a throw home. I did not see the play in question, but from reading about it and talking to others the runner was probably out at home if Ross makes a play.

HeatherC1212
06-26-2008, 02:52 PM
He did at that. Though, by most accounts, a fair portion of that blame rests with David Ross' inability to field a throw home. I did not see the play in question, but from reading about it and talking to others the runner was probably out at home if Ross makes a play.

I think if Ross holds onto the ball, the guy is out at home. That throw was right on target to the catcher IMO.

roby
06-27-2008, 01:42 AM
I think if Ross holds onto the ball, the guy is out at home. That throw was right on target to the catcher IMO.

No thanks to Weathers... they were hitting missiles all over the field against him.

mroby85
06-27-2008, 03:28 AM
weathers has been terrible this season, and cordero has done a good job, i don't care what stats are provided, i've watched them both all season, and i know what i've seen.