PDA

View Full Version : Hairston back Janish down

DannyB
06-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Per ORG's Homer Bailey
According to Fay.
The Reds activated Jerry Hairston Jr. from the disabled list and optioned Paul Janish to Triple-A Louisville.

The lineup:

Jerry Hairston Jr. ss

Adam Dunn lf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Ken Griffey Jr. dh

Joey Votto 1b

Jeff Keppinger 3b

Jay Bruce rf

Corey Patterson cf

Paul Bako c

v. RH Jesse Litsch

Grande Donkey
06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Per ORG's Homer Bailey
According to Fay.
The Reds activated Jerry Hairston Jr. from the disabled list and optioned Paul Janish to Triple-A Louisville.

The lineup:

Jerry Hairston Jr. ss

Adam Dunn lf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Ken Griffey Jr. dh

Joey Votto 1b

Jeff Keppinger 3b

Jay Bruce rf

Corey Patterson cf

Paul Bako c

v. RH Jesse Litsch
__________________Put Dunn 4th, Bruce 2nd, and Griffey 7th and that is a good looking lineup.

Root Down
06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
I like the lineup, shocked he put 3 lefties together at the bottom though.

mole44
06-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Bold prediction: Hairston crashes back to earth.

Lockdwn11
06-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Put Dunn 4th, Bruce 2nd, and Griffey 7th and that is a good looking lineup.

Why Bruce 2nd at this point?

Hondo
06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Why Bat Bruce in front of Patterson??? Zero protection...

TheBigLebowski
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
I like it. Let Bruce hit further down in the order until he gets going again.

Louisville is exactly where Janish belongs right now. We'll see him again..soon enough.

Grande Donkey
06-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Why Bruce 2nd at this point?Bruce was batting great when he was in the 2 hole, after he was moved is when he started struggling. Put him back where he had his most success.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-26-2008, 05:52 PM
How about this: put any player anywhere, since we can't hit for crap about every 3 of 4 games, so does it really matter?

I really don't care what the lineup is at this point, Patterson does need to disappear ASAP though. I hope Freel and Alex Gonzalez are ready soon.

Lockdwn11
06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the reply Grande. I just wanted to know why you felt he should be in the two hole .I think with the way he has look at the plate lately I would keep him down in the order untill he gets it going again but thats just my opinion.

BLEEDS
06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I must say this ALMOST resembles a Major League lineup.

I'm not sure what got into Dusty to have him put Dunn in the 2 hole, but it's the smartest thing he's done for this team short of putting in motion the release of Stanton.

Until KGJ is off this roster though, he'll never get it exactly right. Unfortunately, he'll be eternally handcuffed to BP in the same role KGJ was in, even though he's HORRENDOUS against RH-pitching.

Ah well, baby steps...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

kpresidente
06-26-2008, 06:33 PM

I'm not sure what got into Dusty to have him put Dunn in the 2 hole, but it's the smartest thing he's done for this team short of putting in motion the release of Stanton.

Until KGJ is off this roster though, he'll never get it exactly right. Unfortunately, he'll be eternally handcuffed to BP in the same role KGJ was in, even though he's HORRENDOUS against RH-pitching.

Ah well, baby steps...

It's a horrible lineup. Why are Keppinger and Bruce so low? Phillips hitting cleanup against a RH?

This lineup is easy...

Hairston
Keppinger
Bruce
Dunn
Votto
Griffey
Phillips
Bako
Hopper (no Patterson)

It's simple Dusty. Go to ESPN, open up the splits vs. RH, put the highest OBPs at the top, the highest SLG in the middle and follow that up with progressively declining OPS.

Forget the L-R crap. All that matters is the splits. PH with EE or Cabrera for Griffey late if they go to a LH reliever.

I did that in 5 seconds. Why can't Dusty?

Jack Burton
06-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Agreed, it does look a little better.

BLEEDS
06-26-2008, 07:28 PM
It's a horrible lineup. Why are Keppinger and Bruce so low?

Because one's coming off the DL and hasn't done Jack yet, and the other is mired in a HORRIFIC slump the last couple weeks. I can't argue too much against that, for now.

Agreed that when they are healthy and in form, they should be batting higher - which can be said for about 3-4 other guys as well, which is a good thing.

AS LONG as Dusty actually DOES move guys down to 6/7/8 when they are slumping - instead of hitting them 1/2, I can remain pleasantly surprised...

Phillips hitting cleanup against a RH?

That, I can't NOT argue for this one, how about batting 3rd!?!?!?!? This may be something we NEVER see Dusty get a grasp on, unfortunately.

PEACE

-BLEEDS