PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby has to go!!

Jim Fazio
06-26-2008, 11:11 PM
I think its time Brook Jacoby gets fired for this pathetic offense, inability to hit in the clutch, and taking too many called 3rd strikes. Time for another approach. Who can we get?

BEETTLEBUG
06-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Dave Parker Greg Vaughn ?

Newman4
06-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I think its time Brook Jacoby gets fired for this pathetic offense, inability to hit in the clutch, and taking too many called 3rd strikes. Time for another approach. Who can we get?

He doesn't really get mentioned much by headhunters. But, I agree, he's not exactly setting the world on fire. Send him to the house.

Blue
06-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Maybe Chris Chambliss is available. Firing him was almost as dumb as hiring Dusty.

Gunner44
06-27-2008, 01:52 AM
its all on dusty in my small opinion. he could be better but dusty has ruined this team and i gave him a huge chance, p.s. he failed

mroby85
06-27-2008, 03:33 AM
i think it's about time the players take some blame instead of all the coaching staffs. are you seriously going to tell me with all the managers and coaches we've run through in the least 10 years, none of them were competent? the players suck and thats the bottom line, until the is changed the coaches hands are tied.

Ghosts of 1990
06-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Ive often wondered why a guy who could never teach himself to really hit big league pitching is teaching others....

tommycash
06-27-2008, 11:27 AM
I think it is a move that needs to be made by Dusty to save his own butt. It is not that he is doing bad job, (even though the hitting has been bad) it is that this team needs to move into a positive direction. They need to go out and get the best possible hitting instructor available. Dusty also needs to hire Mario Soto as his bullpen coach so our pitchers can get better too. Just my opinion.

RedsFanInBama
06-27-2008, 11:30 AM
The problem as I see it is we have too many guys going to the plate with what looks like no particular plan of attack. These guys all got to the majors because they have talent. A hitting coach at this level is little more than a mind coach as I see it. And our guys look often like they have no clue when they step to the plate.

Now either Jacoby doesn't know what he's doing or he does but can't communicate it to the players. Of course, that is kind of a critical element of coaching, communication.

CWRed
06-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Maybe Chris Chambliss is available. Firing him was almost as dumb as hiring Dusty.

You are correct sir. Although I believe hiring Dusty was dumber. :eek:

Jack Burton
06-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Throw him out on his head, along with Pole and Dusty. Expensive trash.

06-27-2008, 02:06 PM

Firing Chambliss was probably Krivsky's worst move as GM of the Reds. It made no sense, The Reds had the #1 ranked offense with Chambliss, but after one off year, Krivsky fired him for no reason. The players loved him, especially Dunn and Griffey, so that wasn't the reason, and Narron is too nice of a guy to have a coach fired, so I never understood why. Maybe he was a O'Brien hire, and Krivsky just wanted to have all his own men? Whatever the reason, it was a dumb move.

Hondo
06-27-2008, 04:58 PM

For Real? I was very happy when he left... I vote for Hal McCrae...

RedsFanInBama
06-27-2008, 09:32 PM
This offense is just painful to watch. Poor Daryl Thompson has forgotten what it's like to look on the scoreboard and see that his team has a run.

1 run against Yanks on Sunday
1 run against Jays on Tuesday
1 run against Jays on Thursday
0 runs so far against Tribe today

Incredibly frustrating to watch.

Big Hurt
06-28-2008, 01:37 PM
He doesn't really get mentioned much by headhunters. But, I agree, he's not exactly setting the world on fire. Send him to the house.

I'm reserving my best Jerry Seinfeld "Newman!" for you! :D

BurgervilleBuck
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Lance McCallister posted on his blog that he predicts Brooks Jacoby gets canned in the next seven days.

I don't give him that long. I foresee the second the Reds get off the plane from this road trip that Jacoby and Dick Pole both are given their walking papers.

Griffey012
06-28-2008, 08:43 PM
The approach against Byrd has been absolutely awful, and I am guessing the draws back to the hitting coach. Everyone around baseball knows the worst thing to do against a crafty soft tosser is try to pull the home run. The only person I have seen with a good approach is Bako and Votto and that is just the type of hitters they are.

keeganbrick
06-28-2008, 10:54 PM
The approach against Byrd has been absolutely awful, and I am guessing the draws back to the hitting coach. Everyone around baseball knows the worst thing to do against a crafty soft tosser is try to pull the home run. The only person I have seen with a good approach is Bako and Votto and that is just the type of hitters they are.

Wht chu talking bout maign? Reds hitter only know one base hit, it's a rally killer too.

FlyerFanatic
06-28-2008, 11:22 PM
corey patterson continues to suck...i'm not saying he'll be this great hitter...but dont you think jacoby would have done something by now to help CP at the plate? same with dick pohl...it seems to me both just sit and do nothing and collect a paycheck. offense is terrible and pohl continually gets shown up by soto who notices mistakes on tv! both need to be fired immediately

RedsFanInBama
06-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm not going to blame Jacoby for the performance of Corey Patterson because he shouldn't even be here. But I think you can lay the continual poor at-bats and clueless approaches at his feet. It is widespread on this team.

I often wonder if this team reads a scouting report or if anyone besides Joey Votto understands the value of using the entire field instead of trying to yank everything. That rookie has the best approach of anyone on the team. Maybe he is the only one that listens to Jacoby, but either way, its the coach's job to get the players to buy in.

And on the pitching coach, why can't we hire Soto to be it? Does he have some other role in the organization? I know for sure we could hire Leo Mazzone. That guy wants to work something awful and is unemployed. Anybody but Pole.

FlyerFanatic
06-29-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm not going to blame Jacoby for the performance of Corey Patterson because he shouldn't even be here. But I think you can lay the continual poor at-bats and clueless approaches at his feet. It is widespread on this team.

I often wonder if this team reads a scouting report or if anyone besides Joey Votto understands the value of using the entire field instead of trying to yank everything. That rookie has the best approach of anyone on the team. Maybe he is the only one that listens to Jacoby, but either way, its the coach's job to get the players to buy in.

And on the pitching coach, why can't we hire Soto to be it? Does he have some other role in the organization? I know for sure we could hire Leo Mazzone. That guy wants to work something awful and is unemployed. Anybody but Pole.

oh i agree CP shouldnt even be on the team..but if baker insists on sticking him in the lineup...jacoby should be working with him constantly. i'm pretty sure we're stuck with CP at least until the end of this year. hopefully at the end of the year walt lets baker know whats up with CP..as in gtfo.

soto scouts the dominican for us i do believe...it would be nice to have him as pitching coach..but on the other hand he helped get cueto to us...think he might be better down there and hes closer to his home. but yes..anyone but pohl....someone would have to work hard to be worse than him.

gilpdawg
06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
i think it's about time the players take some blame instead of all the coaching staffs. are you seriously going to tell me with all the managers and coaches we've run through in the least 10 years, none of them were competent? the players suck and thats the bottom line, until the is changed the coaches hands are tied.
Exactly. At this level, the coaches really don't do much "coaching" anyway. Hell, Read Ball Four, which is almost 40 years old, to know what the feelings were towards coaches even way back then by players. I'm sure things haven't changed much on that front.

FlyerFanatic
06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Exactly. At this level, the coaches really don't do much "coaching" anyway. Hell, Read Ball Four, which is almost 40 years old, to know what the feelings were towards coaches even way back then by players. I'm sure things haven't changed much on that front.

so at this point...we're gonna see are young talent never grow as players? doubtful. young players need coaching...i doubt cueto,volquez, bruce are not listening to their coaches...wouldnt surprise me if dunn/griffey dont give a flip what coaches say...but we're a young team building for the future...having pohl and jacoby sitting on their hands doing nothing is not good.

BurgervilleBuck
06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
wouldnt surprise me if dunn/griffey dont give a flip what coaches say...
That would explain their dazzling .300+ AVG's. ;)

having pohl and jacoby sitting on their hands doing nothing is not good.
I think a hitting coach is overrated in some cases (a vet-heavy roster) but as young as our team is, they need to bring in somebody more effective.

And as for Dick Pole... heck, Hudepohl would be a more effective pitching coach.