PDA

View Full Version : Today....Could Get UG-LEE.

TheBigLebowski
06-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Arroyo on the bump vs. a very effective lefty in Aaron Laffey. That's a big enough disadvantage.

Furthermore, no Votto nor Bruce. Hopper is in the game.

The Reds recorded 3 groundouts faster than I could type this short and relatively simple post.

Yes, friends, today could be one of those days. If you have anything else productive you could be doing today, might not be a bad idea.

Root Down
06-29-2008, 03:29 PM
True, it could have gotten real ugly as I partially expected it to. Today I am quite glad to be surprised!

LouisvilleCARDS
06-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Crow meet mouth. Mouth, crow. ;)

OSUredsFAN
06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey, he was half right. It was ugly.......for the Tribe!!!

BurgervilleBuck
06-29-2008, 06:39 PM
The Dude is wrong.

TheBigLebowski
06-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I can't get a handle on Bronson Arroyo. The guy is unpredictable, as is this Reds' offense.

Hey, I am fine with being wrong about this one. Good win.

FlightRick
06-29-2008, 09:08 PM
I figure today's game was the perfect capper for the month: we ended up just about where I thought we would, but got there the most screwed up way possible.

I mean, on June 1, the Reds were within 1 game of .500, and some folks were getting a little giddy... but I looked ahead, noticed 18 of 27 games on the road, only one off-day, and opponents like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, etc... I figured it'd be a moral victory to end June within 5 games of .500.

I just didn't envision clawing our way towards that figure by playing well on the road and going 2-7 at home, and with Arroyo coming out and pitching a gem during a day game while the Reds' bats light up a lefty. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I don't care *how* it happens, I just hope that my vision for July (which the Reds could, conceivably, dominate in the exact opposite way of how they were destined to struggle in June) comes to pass. I believe in .500 baseball!

I'm not *entirely* satisfied by it, but I believe in it, baby.

Rick