PDA

View Full Version : UK hoops museum closed

Chip R
07-02-2008, 12:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3470465

WVRed
07-04-2008, 09:07 AM
This really doesn't surprise me.

Kentucky fans are all about the games and thats it. They poured a ton of money into the museum and couldn't keep it afloat. More than likely from reading the article, a lot of the memorabilia will be used to decorate the Craft Center.

BTW, unlike Redszone, a lot of the UK message boards have been going "premium", where fans have to pay to post on the good board. Even at ten bucks a month, people aren't shelling out the money.

cumberlandreds
07-04-2008, 01:57 PM
This really doesn't surprise me.

Kentucky fans are all about the games and thats it. They poured a ton of money into the museum and couldn't keep it afloat. More than likely from reading the article, a lot of the memorabilia will be used to decorate the Craft Center.

BTW, unlike Redszone, a lot of the UK message boards have been going "premium", where fans have to pay to post on the good board. Even at ten bucks a month, people aren't shelling out the money.

Wildcatnation.net is still free and IMO a very good site to talk about all things in UK sports. Of course I'm prejudiced because I'm a moderator over there. :)
The UK musuem is/was in a bad spot in the Civic Center. The only time UK fans were around was when there was a game. The campus would be the best place for something like this. Should be a lot more accessible than the Civic Center.

durl
07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
The UK musuem is/was in a bad spot in the Civic Center. The only time UK fans were around was when there was a game. The campus would be the best place for something like this. Should be a lot more accessible than the Civic Center.

That's exactly what I thought when I heard about the move. It will probably fare better on the UK campus.

Blimpie
07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Other than on game days, the Rupp Arena shops are nothing more than overpriced saloons found in your local ghost town.

The museum never had a chance in that location.

WVRed
07-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Wildcatnation.net is still free and IMO a very good site to talk about all things in UK sports. Of course I'm prejudiced because I'm a moderator over there. :)

I was referring to Kentucky Ink(not sure if WMR still posts there).

Bottom line is, most people only care about the games.:)