PDA

View Full Version : Post Editing

camisadelgolf
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM
This is an idea you could immediately throw at the bottom of the list of ideas for improving the site (and keep there for a while). It's been on my chest for a long time, and I just wanted to get it off.

Instead of edited posts being noted as edited only if the edit has happened after a certain amount of time, maybe it could be beneficial if the noted post is noted so only in the event that someone has read the post in the time since the post had been edited.

Boss-Hog
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
This is an idea you could immediately throw at the bottom of the list of ideas for improving the site (and keep there for a while). It's been on my chest for a long time, and I just wanted to get it off.

Instead of edited posts being noted as edited only if the edit has happened after a certain amount of time, maybe it could be beneficial if the noted post is noted so only in the event that someone has read the post in the time since the post had been edited.
Thanks for the idea, but that's not possible to do (at least within stock vBulletin).

Screwball
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm sure it's been answered before, but why is it that after 6 hours you can no longer edit your posts? I mean, I understand there being a time limit, but why not make it a day or two?

Boss-Hog
07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm sure it's been answered before, but why is it that after 6 hours you can no longer edit your posts? I mean, I understand there being a time limit, but not make a day or two?
It used to be a bit longer, but we had some problems with users making inappropriate posts and going back and editing after the fact (and before action was taken or it could be reported), so we decreased the amount of edit time.

camisadelgolf
07-03-2008, 09:07 AM
How long is our window to edit our posts before it's publicly noted that we edited our posts?

Boss-Hog
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
How long is our window to edit our posts before it's publicly noted that we edited our posts?
Two minutes

Spring~Fields
07-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Two minutes

I always look for my mistakes before posting, even use word or notepad, but I don’t see them until after I post. Then the edit feature always rats me out and embarrasses me. Can you set it too old guy excuse/pass ? :)