PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance?

dunner13
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Shockingly enough we are only 4 games under .500 We have 6 games left before the all star break, if the reds could somehow win 5 of 6 would you consider them back in the wild card hunt? Remember those 6 games are against the cubs and brewers.

yab1112
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Right now they are 7 back of wild card leader St. Louis. With half a season left to play, I think that is more than enough time to make up 7 games. The only problem is it's 7 games and 6 teams they have to leapfrog. Daunting but doable. I think as the season goes on were only going to see better things from Votto, Bruce, Volquez and Cueto. With a few moves before the trade deadline, I think they have a shot.

I find the season to be more enjoyable when I convince myself that they do have a shot, as opposed to wallowing in what-ifs and player bashings...unless of course its Patterson :D

bluesanta
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Ask me this question in a week. We'll find out alot about this team in this 6 game stretch.

carmack42
07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Let's hope the Cubs' inevitable implosion starts this week.

bgwilly31
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
i have dayum softball game tonight and have to miss most of the first cubs game!

We will definitely find out if this team WANTS to be a contender this year or not over the next 6 games.

Fullboat
07-08-2008, 04:17 PM
i have dayum softball game tonight and have to miss most of the first cubs game!

We will definitely find out if this team WANTS to be a contender this year or not
over the next 6 games.

Hopefully our big name manager is telling them the exact same thing even though you
would think they know better.

TheBigLebowski
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I would love for it to happen but, it won't. This is not a playoff-caliber team.