PDA

View Full Version : Watching Hamilton in the Derby

Griffey012
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
So awesome and so painful at the same time. Man how i wish we could have him and EV. I remember Sosa putting on the 500 foot show while being loaded up on roids, Hamilton is just freakishly strong. He might be a comic book hero and nobody knows it.

schmidty622
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
You don't think he did roids while he was doing all of those other drugs?

Dracodave
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Good for him, I'm tired of hearing about it though.

Wheres Elijah Dukes press for straighing his butt up? He gets nothing but negativity for his progression.

Jack Burton
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Quite the display he's putting on here in the 1st round.

reds2221
07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
he's close to breaking abreu's first round record. I really hope he gets it

captainmorgan07
07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
What a round by Hamilton. His teammates are going crazy. What a feel good story for this kid. Your heart goes out to a story like this. I wouldn't surprised if he went out and went and won all-star MVP.

FlyerFanatic
cant be stopped!!!

Blue
If he has to hand a check to the winning fan, do you think he'll have to give it to Johnny Narron to hold for him?

Jack Burton
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Congrats on the greatest round ever in the Home Run derby. That was something.

schmidty622
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
28 Homers, and none for the kids? What a selfish bastard.

Brutus
07-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Dude, your schtick is getting kind of old.

The kid is an inspiration. Yes, he's an inspiration even if you don't think so.

reds2221
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
He beat the 2nd place guy (Berkman) by 20 homers....don't think that has EVER happened before.

Oxilon
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Volquez gave him a briefcase...what was in it? $50K?

Griffey012
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I think the derby should just be put to rest for good after that.

Blue
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I think the derby should just be put to rest for good after that.

I half way expect them to turn the lights off and have Hank Steinbrenner get on the PA and tell everyone to go home because they've already got their money's worth.

FlightRick
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I want to know what was in the briefcase, too.

But regardless, there is only one way for the Hamilton/Volquez Saga to conclude: Volquez will strike out Hamilton tomorrow night and create an infinitely repeating Loop Of Awesomeness, where it cannot and will not ever be determined which is the greater player.

Griffey012
07-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Until EV strikes out Hamilton in the 9th inning to finish his complete game and win the world series

Ghosts of 1990
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
This is unbelievable.

Jack Burton
07-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Morneau vs. Hamilton in the finals, should be a good one.

Red in Atl
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM

Dude, your schtick is getting kind of old.

The kid is an inspiration. Yes, he's an inspiration even if you don't think so.

Seems rather presumptuous. I read it and took it as a joke. I do see that that poster also said a few other things that would likely preclude him from the Josh Hamilton circle jerk, but I kind of see his point.

Does this board have to get on it's knees and worship an ex-Red every day? What is it exactly that makes his story so special, besides the baseball obvious. And don't get me wrong, I'm a Josh fan and wish him the best, but it seems, especially now, that the whole world is reveling in his accomplishments.

What will these folks be saying when/if he falls off the wagon? He can't have Johnny Narron as his shadow forever. Even the best slip. Did anyone notice Steven Tyler of Aerosmith was back in rehab a few months ago? He'd been sober for like 20 years. It happens.

I guess I'm saying just enjoy it and hope for the best. He's not any better than any other junkie just because he hits baseballs far. And he's self proclaimed to "not trust himself" without Johnny with him 24/7. Seems like the kids got a long way to go.

Though the enjoyment he brought to all of us last night certainly should help to ease himself down his path of life.

schmidty622
07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Seems rather presumptuous. I read it and took it as a joke. I do see that that poster also said a few other things that would likely preclude him from the Josh Hamilton circle jerk, but I kind of see his point.

Does this board have to get on it's knees and worship an ex-Red every day? What is it exactly that makes his story so special, besides the baseball obvious. And don't get me wrong, I'm a Josh fan and wish him the best, but it seems, especially now, that the whole world is reveling in his accomplishments.

What will these folks be saying when/if he falls off the wagon? He can't have Johnny Narron as his shadow forever. Even the best slip. Did anyone notice Steven Tyler of Aerosmith was back in rehab a few months ago? He'd been sober for like 20 years. It happens.

I guess I'm saying just enjoy it and hope for the best. He's not any better than any other junkie just because he hits baseballs far. And he's self proclaimed to "not trust himself" without Johnny with him 24/7. Seems like the kids got a long way to go.

Though the enjoyment he brought to all of us last night certainly should help to ease himself down his path of life.

Word

Jack Burton
07-15-2008, 04:52 PM
I think having the greatest round ever in the Home Run derby is pretty special, recovering drug addict or not.

Turd Ferguson
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
The Homerun derby means nothing

Red in Atl
07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
I think having the greatest round ever in the Home Run derby is pretty special, recovering drug addict or not.

Totally agreed!