PDA

View Full Version : Mets Announcers

Oxilon
07-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Since there's the free preview of Extra Innings this week, I'm able to catch the Reds game. Unfortunately, I have to listen to the Mets Broadcasts...and after only ten minutes I've come to the conclusion their spiteful little b*stards.

Seriously, I understand that Barry Larkin's speech was a little too long, but so far, the entire broadcast has been the Mets broadcasters calling the Reds "inconsiderate," poking fun at Larkin's speech, saying how this is going to ruin Oliver Perez's performance tonite (keep in mind he's pitching the bottom half anyways). They went on for what seemed like 15 minutes, and they're still talking about it right now.

To top it off, it's downright hypocritical. We all know if this was Mets Hall of Fame Inductee day, they'd be all over the inductees themselves and could care less about the opposing starting pitcher. Unnecessary and pretty classless if you ask me.

reds1869
07-19-2008, 10:43 PM
What more do you expect from New York's permanent second fiddle?

Mutaman
07-19-2008, 11:08 PM
The topper was when Thorne mentioned a few innings later that the Mets haven't inducted anyone into their Hall of Fame since 2002 because they can't get it together to meet and vote on anyone. After what he has meant to the Reds, Larkin can talk for as long as he wants.

Thorne and Hernandez are both lazy and don't do their homework. However once in awhile Keith will tell an amusing anecdote from his playing days or will make an insightful comment- like tonight explaining how with one out and a man on third, EE should shorten up and try to make contact rather than swinging for the fences.

As bad as they are, Thorne and Hernandez still outshine Grande and Welsh who are unlistenable.

07-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Yesterday they spent a few innings talking about how Skyline is the worst chili in the world. Very classy.

Chi-Town Red
07-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Keith Hernandez is a horrible color guy. Yea, i have been watching as well, They really did blast Barry and the Reds.
How professional!

Eric in IL
07-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I needed a break from Grande tonight so I watched the entire game on SNY via the Extra Innings package. Actually, once the game started Hernandez was complimentary of the Reds saying they showed a lot of heart tonight, unlike the Giants and Rockies whom they had just played. They also didn't complain about the strike three calls with the bases loaded and credited Lincoln with making good pitches.

Don't get me wrong: they are still arrogant, but I feel like they give a much better perspective of what's going on than Grande.

walk-off
07-20-2008, 02:57 AM
I despise Kieth Hernandez for Seinfeld fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcaq4ElAJrE