PDA

View Full Version : .....and here come the Brewers

ChatterRed
07-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Looks like their moves are paying off. Looks like the Cubbies are choking.

OesterPoster
07-23-2008, 08:21 AM
The Cubbies offense has gone into the tank. Aramis Ramirez looks clueless at the plate right now, and Fukudome is really struggling of late. And of course, you'd expect a rookie to struggle at some point, and Soto is obliging. I think he was 0 for his last 16 at some point last night. Jim Edmonds certainly doesn't scare opposing pitchers any longer, so you're basically left with Derrek Lee as the main threat right now. Theriot, DeRosa, and Fontenot can get hot, but they can't carry the team.

I think they are starting to miss Soriano's bat in the lineup more and more as the season goes along.

The Brewers still need a bullpen arm, IMHO. They've got the chips to go after Sherrill or Huston Street.

He got it!
07-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Brew Crew won the whole thing. Assuming they get in the playoffs - facing Sheets and Sabathia in a short series is deadly.

Jim
07-23-2008, 10:20 AM
I am thrilled for the Brew Crew! Being a Chicago resident, I am sick of the hoopla around the Cubs and their spending spree. Seeing them lose for the 100th year in a row will be a sweet treat!

bgwilly31
07-23-2008, 11:10 AM
I am thrilled for the Brew Crew! Being a Chicago resident, I am sick of the hoopla around the Cubs and their spending spree. Seeing them lose for the 100th year in a row will be a sweet treat!

Haha i didnt even realize this is the 100th yr anniversary.

We should plan a party for them last game of the season. :lol:

ChatterRed
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Nothing would be sweeter than to see the Cubs totally fall apart.

07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Brew Crew won the whole thing. Assuming they get in the playoffs - facing Sheets and Sabathia in a short series is deadly.

That would make them tough, but in the Playoffs they need a bullpen. They can get past the Cubs and Cards for the division or wild card, who have similar problems, but in the playoffs, you need a closer better than Torres, and decent set up guys. They might pick that up, but until they do, they aren't going far in the playoffs.

AFalcon10
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Call me crazy but I still think the Cubs pull it out. They have soo much talent this year, less we forget the duo of Zambrano and Harden. And Yes Dempster is pulling a Lohse as well and im pretty sure has been for some years now. Wood in the pen and a solid lineup. Definately material to win the Central.. as far as the world series goes.. Im pretty sure its Angels, Red Sox, White Sox... AL seems too good.

OesterPoster
07-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Call me crazy but I still think the Cubs pull it out. They have soo much talent this year, less we forget the duo of Zambrano and Harden. And Yes Dempster is pulling a Lohse as well and im pretty sure has been for some years now. Wood in the pen and a solid lineup. Definately material to win the Central.. as far as the world series goes.. Im pretty sure its Angels, Red Sox, White Sox... AL seems too good.

Anything can happen in a 7 game series. I'd take Arizona's 3 starters over anything the AL teams throw out there. Webb-Haren-Johnson is lethal.