PDA

View Full Version : Texiera a Angel...Can we send Dunn to D-Backs

Redus
07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Now that Texiera is an Angel can the Reds deal Dunn to the Dbacks? Who would you want. Im assuming Chad Tracy would be the centerpiece...who else would you want included?>

tommycash
07-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Upton, Webb, Drew - just kidding

Redus
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Upton, Webb, Drew - just kidding

Hahaha if only! :all_cohol

Blue
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
If the centerpiece is Chad Tracy, a lot.

thatcoolguy_22
07-29-2008, 11:07 PM
how about Adam Dunn for Max Sherzer!! But I would be equally happy with Jarrod Parker.

Dunn
Roenicke/affeldt/weathers (their choice)

for
Max Sherzer

A man can dream right?

In a perfect world we resign Mr. Dunn to a 4 year deal though (just to get my position clear on that topic :) )

ED44
07-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I am all for adding pitching depth, but this team needs some bats. We couldn't hit our way out of a wet paper bag.

thatcoolguy_22
07-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I am all for adding pitching depth, but this team needs some bats. We couldn't hit our way out of a wet paper bag.

rabble rabble rabble, i could hit my way out of a wet paper bag, rabble rabble rabble

Its all about scoring more runs than your opponent. Either by winning games 12-11 or 2-1, they all count the same.

Why our offense will be better in 2009 than in 2008:
Jay Bruce and Joey Votto with a whole year of experience under their belt in GASP.

Use the 30 mil we save from not having dunn/kgj to pick up Milton Bradley and Orlando Hudson. (and yes I know that the a lot of the money is already slotted to Arroyo, Phillips and, Harang but, Bobbie Cast says he wants to win...)

And if that doesn't work we could always just save our game before making any trades... then we can just reset and start over again :D

NorrisHopper30
07-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Dunn, Maloney and Stubbs for Upton.

I think Upton is on the DL, though.

Ohioballplayer
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Icing on the cake for the Angels, But yes I said this in June, Dunner could go to the D-Backs but we all know he wouldn't play first base, just don't count on it and you wont be disappointed when Bobby C makes not 1 move !!!

Blue
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Icing on the cake for the Angels, But yes I said this in June, Dunner could go to the D-Backs but we all know he wouldn't play first base, just don't count on it and you wont be disappointed when Bobby C makes not 1 move !!!

The Teixeira trade couldn't have sat the market much lower than it did. Kotchman and Marek was an awful return.

pitcher7
07-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately, if the D-Backs would not give up Scherzer or Parker for Teixeira, they would have to be desperate to give either of them up for Dunn. I think talks have not been too promising but its baseball and anything can happen when the deadline approaches

Blue
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
The Teixeira trade couldn't have sat the market much lower than it did. Kotchman and Marek was an awful return.

However, wise sir, the market may have corrected itself if the Manny-Hermida-Bay rumor is true.

NorrisHopper30
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Dbacks are in on Dunn but they offered 28 year old 3b Chad Tracy.

No.

I'd rather put a package together for Upton.

pitcher7
07-31-2008, 12:39 AM
That would be sweet...except we would probably have to give up Bruce, Cueto, or Votto to get him

ChatterRed
07-31-2008, 01:03 AM
I'd take Micah Owings.

NorrisHopper30
07-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Or Nippert.

Kingspoint
07-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Nobody wants Dunn traded more than I do, but Chad Tracy? That's replacing one problem with another.

Tracey turns 29 years old next May and plays the same position that the REDS are loaded at with Alonzo and Votto. Tracey is a waste of space on this team.

The only reason to remove Dunn is to get pitching prospect(s) for him. If they can't do that, then I'd rather have the 2 first round picks next June and take our own chances at developing one, if not both of them.

No need to trade him for another outfielder, either. There are half a dozen outfielders that will enter the Majors from this franchise in 2009 and 2010 and 2011. Until then, Dickerson, Hopper, Bruce, Hairston, Mackowiak, and Keppinger can hold down the outfield until Cumberland, Henry, Dorn and Stubbs (and others) arrive.