PDA

View Full Version : Fielder and Parra

Griffey012
08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
That was a bit crazy. Wonder what was said and what happened, but it seemed like it was all Prince going haywire. Props to Parra for not escalating it no matter who was at fault. Between reading about Ozzie yesterday and watching this, I am begging for some fire out of this ballclub. Not in the attacking your teammate mode, but maybe a bench clearing brawl soon? Could anyone on the Reds even get as angry as Fielder?

Jack Burton
08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Slick move by the Prince, way to get into an altercation that could have possibly injured one of your starting pitchers. You could see that Parra was very surprised by the actions, which seemed to be a cheap shot push. After the initial push, Prince then goes for the face.

gitterdunn
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
did you hear ned yost? he quotes that "it would be rude to involve yourself in your neighbor's fight" I'm pretty sure that doesnt apply when you do it in front of TV cameras. He also said "it was no big deal", I'm not sure that one of your team leaders starting a fight in the dugout is not a big deal.

i am glad that it's the top news story on sportscenter...they foam at the mouth for this crap...

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah Ned your star 1st baseman knocks down then tries to hit one of your starting pitchers while he is still down..Yeah, no big deal.

FlyerFanatic
08-04-2008, 11:45 PM
did you hear ned yost? he quotes that "it would be rude to involve yourself in your neighbor's fight" I'm pretty sure that doesnt apply when you do it in front of TV cameras. He also said "it was no big deal", I'm not sure that one of your team leaders starting a fight in the dugout is not a big deal.

i am glad that it's the top news story on sportscenter...they foam at the mouth for this crap...

haha that was funny...did ned not expect to get asked about it? ridiculous comment on his part imo

Griffey012
08-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah Ned your star 1st baseman knocks down then tries to hit one of your starting pitchers while he is still down..Yeah, no big deal.

Especially after he doesn't even retaliate. Maybe the lack of meat in his diet is starting to get to Prince.

ChatterRed
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Link?

redsbuckeye
08-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280804117

Was pretty wild. I was watching and caught it just as it started. Prince had a completely crazy look in his eyes. Good thing he was restrained, because we might've seen an assault otherwise!

ChatterRed
08-05-2008, 08:36 AM
I was hoping Fielder would injure everyone and put the whole team on the DL. ;)

OesterPoster
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Yost's comments were certainly peculiar. Maybe he should confront his neighbor in the front yard while in plain view of several witnesses, then shove his neighbor to the ground and get in his face.

I bet nobody notices at all. ;)

CySeymour
08-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I really don't see how Yost is brought back next year...this seems to point to his inability to control his club. I'd bet the ranch on a new manager for the Brewers next season.

realreds1
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Best part of the video: Jason Kendall. Hands down. Guy just sits down on the bench like nothing's happening!

Paging Crash Davis...

JR+Rose=G.O.A.T
08-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I was hoping Fielder would injure everyone and put the whole team on the DL. ;)

lmao
:thumbup:

CarolinaRedleg
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Prince was just hungry

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/c_c_sabathia_prince_fielder_keep

Stephenk29
08-06-2008, 01:24 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/08/05/is-it-a-big-deal.aspx

some details

redsfanmia
08-06-2008, 10:31 AM
It would be nice if something like this would happen in the Reds dugout, atleast it would show they have a pulse and actually care about what is going on out on the field.

Jack Burton
08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Prince Fielder is a punk. Wish Masset would have connected with that up and in pitch.