PDA

View Full Version : Bruce to fans: Just be patient

Donder
08-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Jay Bruce is one of the few reasons these days to venture inside Great American Ball Park, unless one likes the view of the Ohio River from the upper deck.

The 21-year-old rookie is playing as if the Cincinnati Reds are a half game out instead of 18½, second place instead of last place.

"That's how I play, how I was taught, how I learned, the only way I know how," said Bruce. "It's all about playing the game the right way, no matter how bad it is and how bad it looks or how much you struggle as a team."

And Bruce, in his youthful naivete, has a promise for frustrated fans who have born witness to eight years of miserable, lousy, frustrating baseball.

"Not only me and Joey Votto, but the whole team is going to be fun to watch for a long time and in the near future," he said. "I know fans are tired of hearing it, but just be patient a little while longer.

"We have all the pieces and we just have to put it together. I understand the fans. That's fans for you. But we as a team can't worry about that because we have to take care of our business. This is a baseball town that has been spoiled in the past. We're not going to be the Big Red Machine or anything, but this team is going to be fun to watch for a very long time."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/oh/story/sports/pro/reds/2008/08/10/ddn081008spredsnotes.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=35

Reading this article makes me think that Jay Bruce will very soon become the leader of this team. It's hard to find anything not to like about the kid.

ChatterRed
08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds like he and Votto are rallying the troops.

I agree they have a good foundation, but I'm waiting for the house to be built. I guess I'm impatient.

Ghosts of 1990
08-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Jay gives us hope.

Chi-Town Red
08-10-2008, 01:57 PM
We have been waiting 9 yrs....how much longer?

foxfire123
08-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I've been waiting 15 years..... Hubby even longer. I wish I could believe, Jay, but......

foxfire

Ahhhorsepoo
08-11-2008, 09:47 AM
the sooner they let bruce, votto, and phillips take this team over by getting rid of "self professing leader, not by example" adam dunn the better..

CWRed
08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
the sooner they let bruce, votto, and phillips take this team over by getting rid of "self professing leader, not by example" adam dunn the better..

I waiting for this comment from you about Dunn. So predictable. And foolish.

Z-Fly
08-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Jay we have be patient since you were in middle school. We are ready to see results.

mroby85
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Jay we have be patient since you were in middle school. We are ready to see results.

I understand it's been awhile, you also have to be reasonable enough to realize that those years had nothing to do with the players that are there right now. This team is different than those teams were. Those teams were filled with Jolbert Cabrera's, and Javy Valentin's, instead of young players who have a very high ceiling. with

Bruce
Votto
Phillips
Cueto
Volquez
possibly even Edwin,

i think thats a boat load of young talent that could mature into superstars, at least a few of them.

BlastFurnace
08-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Jay...we will probably be rebuilding after you and Volquez have been traded because you'll cost too much money when your time comes. Time to start yet another 5 year rebuilding plan.

Chi-Town Red
08-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Jay...we will probably be rebuilding after you and Volquez have been traded because you'll cost too much money when your time comes. Time to start yet another 5 year rebuilding plan. yep...Bruce will be gone just like Dunn in 5-6 yrs

Blue
08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
yep...Bruce will be gone just like Dunn in 5-6 yrs

and villified.