PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this site could be better if you actually asked about rules opinions

LouisvilleCARDS
08-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I got an infraction for a ridiculous reason, for "masked profanity." I didn't know INITIALS of something was illegal, but I guess so:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1722338&postcount=466

What's funny is, apparently no one was offended, because no one brought it up. Plus, I recieve an infraction from it, but apparently a mod can take the time to send me an infraction, but the post wasn't offending enough to actually be EDITED or asked to be edited. What sense does that make? You can't do "masked profanity," but if you do, we'll leave it up anyway.

I'm sure I'll get the typical, "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" - but I actually like discussing Reds baseball with other fellow fans, and if there was another forum out there for Reds baseball that actually got traffic, I would go there just as well.

Considering this is the largest Reds community I know of, maybe the staff could make a little more effort in getting rid of arbitrary rules and actually asking the members of the site what they think.

ochre
08-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines:
4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity).

Heath
09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I got an infraction for a ridiculous reason, for "masked profanity." I didn't know INITIALS of something was illegal, but I guess so:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1722338&postcount=466

What's funny is, apparently no one was offended, because no one brought it up. Plus, I recieve an infraction from it, but apparently a mod can take the time to send me an infraction, but the post wasn't offending enough to actually be EDITED or asked to be edited. What sense does that make? You can't do "masked profanity," but if you do, we'll leave it up anyway.

I'm sure I'll get the typical, "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" - but I actually like discussing Reds baseball with other fellow fans, and if there was another forum out there for Reds baseball that actually got traffic, I would go there just as well.

Considering this is the largest Reds community I know of, maybe the staff could make a little more effort in getting rid of arbitrary rules and actually asking the members of the site what they think.

You just answered your own complaints.