PDA

View Full Version : Cueto exits with right triceps injury

ChaseReds
08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Source: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080824&content_id=3361542&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

DENVER -- Reds starting pitcher Johnny Cueto exited his start vs. the Rockies on Sunday after just three innings due to a sore right triceps tendon, according to the Reds.

The 22-year-old right-hander will return to Cincinnati for an examination.

Cueto worked three hitless innings and allowed one unearned run, but threw 74 pitches. He walked three and struck out four, leaving with the game tied at 1.

This season in 27 starts, Cueto is 8-12 with a 4.65 ERA in 153 2/3 innings. His career high of innings was set last season in the Minors with 161 1/3.

Let's hope it's nothing serious :confused:

markymark69
08-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm with you. Cueto has so much promise and has been dealing lately, very inoppotune time for this injury.

ChaseReds
08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm with you. Cueto has so much promise and has been dealing lately, very inoppotune time for this injury.

Agreed- I am greatly hoping that everything turns out for the best and his injury is a result of muscle fatigue. I will be following this story closely.

Stephenk29
08-24-2008, 06:10 PM
I may have just threw up in my mouth

Jr's Boy
08-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Hopefully they will shut him down for the season.No risk injuring him anymore,plus its the time of the year you shut your young pitchers down,barring a playoff chase.

GoReds33
08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm happy that there's talk of shutting him down. If he's pitching in the DSL, I would rather him not have that many innings anyway. Dusty has overused him to the extent that I would be happy if this were just a minor injury. If a minor injury is what it takes to protect our pitchers in the longterm, I am all for it.

Oxilon
08-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm really not to worried about it...yet. I believe it's just a strain and there's nothing shown in Cueto's windup or mechanics that would make you believe it's something more serious. However, I will be worried if, whatever it is, Cueto still ends up pitching this season. The season lost and Cueto has already logged in a good number of innings and got some great experience under his built. Shut him and Harang down and move on to next season.

joe51391
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
So does this mean we can start blaming Dusty for this............I got 10 bucks says that is what all the Cubs fans are talking about when they are in the middle of going to the playoffs......stupid cubs fans

EddieMilner
08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
So does this mean we can start blaming Dusty for this............I got 10 bucks says that is what all the Cubs fans are talking about when they are in the middle of going to the playoffs......stupid cubs fans

I don't think they are following much at the Reds and their awful schedule. They are talking about going to the playoffs.

DUNN'KD
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Damn You Dusty Baker.... Damn You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batsfan
08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Poll:

Who Should start saturday:

Daryl Thompson: 6.89 era in 3 A+ Rehab Starts. Allowed 7 hits, walked 3, struck out 4, allowed 7 runs in 5 innings.
Ramon Ramirez: 3.23 era in 15 AAA starts. Tonight, allowed 5 hits, walked 3, struck out 4, allowed 0 runs in 6 innings.

mace
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Fay reports on his blog that it's just a strained elbow and he might just miss one start, although they'll proceed with caution because, according to Jocketty, "he's in uncharted territory."

Manut Bol
08-26-2008, 06:54 PM

I'll take that bet. I'm friends with a few Cubs fans and you know what they're talking about? The Cubs. They don't need to talk trash about Dusty and the Reds, the games say it all.