PDA

View Full Version : Drew Stubbs not getting called up!

gobucks106
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Why is Stubbs not being considered for a September call up? He's play well at all levels this year. Like Dickerson, let's bring him up and see what he's got. Patterson needs released. He's not the answer and won't be back next year anyway. Give me a break, the decisoins this team makes blows my mind.

Jefferson24
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
He's not on the 40 man and they don't want to make a move to put him on the 40 man right now. I don't blame them. They didn't call Bruce up last year.

kpresidente
09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
This year's call-ups are all trade bait. It's a showcase.

UPRedsFan
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Let him play winter ball and continue to improve. Let him earn a job in Spring or be a mid year call up when Hairston or Freel get hurt again. I like what I've read about his pitch selection improving. If he can get on base against left handed pitching he should platoon with Dickerson just for the defensive upgrade.

Imagine an outfield defense with Dickerson/Stubbs and Bruce running them down!

With improved defense and improved starting pitching (that's already on the roster) this team could contend in '09. We'll get Gonzalez back and either Votto or Encarnacion should move to left field if Walt can find a better defensive replacement who can provide right handed punch to the offense. Counting on a healthy Harang, more experienced Cueto, Owings will be a more reliable 5th starter. The key is the right handed hitter who improves the defense. Where is that player Walt?