PDA

View Full Version : Remember Paul Householder?

CySeymour
09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
He turned 50 on September 4th. Man, I'm getting old...

bounty37h
09-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow! There is a thread on ORG discussing baseball cards, and ones that stick out in their mind. Householder is that card for me, it seemed like every pack of 1984 Topps I opened had a Householder rookie in it. Seems reminders come across every day that we are getting old- I saw an interview with Jim Abbott yesterday, and he's 50- now too, had that same feeling you described here.

CySeymour
09-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I remember when Bench turned 50...something about when your childhood hero's reach those milestone ages.

gedred69
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I remember Householder was potentially an earlier version of Paul O'Neil. He was a legit hitting prospect, good fielder, and had an O'Neil-like lethal arm from leftfield. As he seemed to be close to turning into a bona-fide high quality player, he contracted a serious form of Hepatitis that took him down. Seems some filthy employee at a Restaurant in N. Ky.---- (where a luncheon was held with Householder on the celebrity guest list),---failed to wash his hands after wiping his A**, and went back to preparing the food. Damn shame, Householder could well have been somebody..........