PDA

View Full Version : Ned Yost Fired by Brewers

highheat11
09-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I just saw on ESPN that Yost got canned today despite being tied for the Wild Card lead in the NL. I really don't believe, despite their recent struggles in the past few weeks, that this was the right move. Last year's collapse had to be a driving factor in the decision made today, but I feel like replacing the manager with less than a month left in the season, and still the Wild Card leader, they have kissed their playoff chances goodbye for the second season in a row.

GoReds33
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Most managerial firings come, and bring with them some winning. I can see the reason that they fired Yost, though he's a very good manager, IMO, and they should have let him finish the year.

ED44
09-15-2008, 04:41 PM
We should have traded Coffey and Dusty for Yost.

highheat11
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
We should have traded Coffey and Dusty for Yost.

I'd take it :lol:

Stephenk29
09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
That one just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What 12(?) games left in the season, in the wild card hunt, and you want to drop this atom bomb in the clubhouse?

ChatterRed
09-15-2008, 10:52 PM
That one just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What 12(?) games left in the season, in the wild card hunt, and you want to drop this atom bomb in the clubhouse?

They may prove me wrong, but I would think this does a ton of damage to those guys who have to finish those last 12 games. What a joke.

Fon Duc Tow
09-16-2008, 10:09 AM
man...who fires a manager with 12 games left?

I'd be mad if I was Yost.

redsbuckeye
09-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Not a particularly big fan of this move. I feel it was probably made for nebulous reasons such as Yost has "lost control of his team". Yost is a fine manager, he shouldn't have much trouble finding a job somewhere else next season.

Old NDN
09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Man, most teams (not in the post-season hunt) would "die" to be in the Brewers' position in the standings! There's got to be more to this than we are hearing. Did the dugout scuffle in Cincy signal the "beginning of the end" for Yost?