PDA

View Full Version : Avatar problem

vaticanplum
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Mods/computer people:

I'm trying to upload a new avatar to my profile and I keep getting this message:

"Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

The avatar is the correct size as far as I know, and I'm grabbing the URL from my flickr account as I always do. Have new avatars been disabled? If so I understand, but if not please help, as I would like to get Javier Vazquez some more face time during the playoffs.

Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere -- just direct me in that case. Thanks!

Chip R
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Mods/computer people:

I'm trying to upload a new avatar to my profile and I keep getting this message:

"Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

The avatar is the correct size as far as I know, and I'm grabbing the URL from my flickr account as I always do. Have new avatars been disabled? If so I understand, but if not please help, as I would like to get Javier Vazquez some more face time during the playoffs.

Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere -- just direct me in that case. Thanks!

Maybe it's just cause it's a Flickr account. Download it to your hard drive and upload it from there and see how that works.

vaticanplum
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Maybe it's just cause it's a Flickr account. Download it to your hard drive and upload it from there and see how that works.

It worked! How odd...maybe flickr changed its rules?

But thank you in any case.

Chip R
10-02-2008, 11:50 AM
It worked! How odd...maybe flickr changed its rules?

But thank you in any case.

Odd that my suggestion worked or odd that flickr changed its rules? ;)