PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Philly

will5979
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I loved the World Series this year...didn't have to worry about Boston, Chicago, New York, or Atlanta possibly winning the Series. Congrats again to the Phillies, nice job representing the NL!

Bip Roberts
10-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats and by congrats I mean I hope they never win another one.

Ghosts of 1990
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Congrats. Begrudgingly.

Caveman Techie
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I was kind of happy for Philly, till the middle of the trophy presentation. When the fan's boo'd Bud Selig, I shrugged it off. When they boo'd the Ray's when the owner (least I think it was the owner and not Gillick) was congratulating the Ray's on a great season. That was just low class. Those fan's don't ever deserve to sniff another championship....EVER!

Edit* BTW Congratulations to the Phillies players, well deserved win for them.

bounty37h
10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeha, well, congrats or whatever, couldn't have happened to a lesser deserving fan base (other then Cubs maybe?)...

will5979
10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Geez guys, be happy for them...they have nothing on the Reds storied history...I'm glad the Dodgers didn't win, would have been another 2 we'd had to win to catch them, I'm glad the Cubs and Brewers didn't win for obvious reasons.

The AL is the AL...I cheer for the NL unless it would be the Cubs or Braves...who cares that they booed the Rays!

Jack Burton
10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Congrats, they were a pretty easy team to root for, seems like they have a lot of stand up guys. The Phillies were like the Reds part 2 in the 80's.

bounty37h
10-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Geez guys, be happy for them...they have nothing on the Reds storied history...I'm glad the Dodgers didn't win, would have been another 2 we'd had to win to catch them, I'm glad the Cubs and Brewers didn't win for obvious reasons.

The AL is the AL...I cheer for the NL unless it would be the Cubs or Braves...who cares that they booed the Rays!

You kinda answered your own question (although you didnt ask a question :). I like a lot of the Phils players, and am happy for them, I commented on the fans not being deserving (not as a whole, but generally speaking), and their booing of the Rays after they had already won made me dissapointed they get something as great as a World Sreies championship-they dont deserve it.

bounty37h
10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Congrats, they were a pretty easy team to root for, seems like they have a lot of stand up guys. The Phillies were like the Reds part 2 in the 80's.

You mean except they actually made the playoffs AND won the WS :)? Arent we the only team that didnt even make a playoff in the 80's?

will5979
10-31-2008, 02:57 PM
You mean except they actually made the playoffs AND won the WS :)? Arent we the only team that didnt even make a playoff in the 80's?

The only ones I can think of that didn't make it in the 80s besides the Reds were Toronto and Texas...I think, and what about the Braves?

Jack Burton
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I meant to say quite a few players from the big red machine went to the Phillies and made them a pretty good team.

BUTLER REDSFAN
10-31-2008, 03:37 PM
This may have been posted elsewhere but just in case...they are selling rainwater fro Game 5 on Ebay