PDA

View Full Version : Olsen and Willingham to the Nats

schmidty622
11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3694827

Dang it. I would have really liked Willingham. Olson would have been nice too.

Emin3mShady07
11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow, it took nothing to land Willingham and Olsen. I cannot believe that two hitters with .755 career minor league OPS's and a pitcher who has thrown all of 77 innings, and not really been dominant could land willingham alone and adding in Olsen just blows my mind. Especially because neither player was due for a major raise IIRC. I think they both have 1 year left at league minimum.

Emin3mShady07
11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
^^ I recalled incorrectly, they were both up for arbitration, but it still surprises that they were let go for so cheap.

schmidty622
11-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I really love Willingham. I think it was the home park holding him back from having some nice years. My only concern would be his back.

I hope Walt does something good soon.

TheBigLebowski
11-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I hope that report turns out to be false. Bonifacio is a decent little player but, if that's all it takes to get Willingham and Olsen, we need to get all up in that bidding war.

redsfandan
11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
i had read that olsen was available but i expected him to be sent to texas since texas wants pitching. leatherpants may have won a deal although i'll be curious to see who the other players sent to florida are. florida has quite a few players up for arbitration and since they're such a cheap club i wonder if walt could take advantage of it. hermida is also up for arbitration for the first time this year. hermida/dickerson/bruce would look really nice in '09 and would leave money for other needs. :thumbup:

11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
i had read that olsen was available but i expected him to be sent to texas since texas wants pitching. leatherpants may have won a deal although i'll be curious to see who the other players sent to florida are. florida has quite a few players up for arbitration and since they're such a cheap club i wonder if walt could take advantage of it. hermida is also up for arbitration for the first time this year. hermida/dickerson/bruce would look really nice in '09 and would leave money for other needs. :thumbup:

Agreed. Willingham would have been a nice addition, but not really a difference maker. He's about to be 30 and really has not had an above average season as a corner outfielder. I think he might turn out to be the next Kearns in Washington. Hermida on the other hand...
I would even like to see the Reds take a look at Uggla and move him to left. I was never impressed with Olsen, gave up a ton of homers and was whackjob off the field.

DannyB
11-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Hermida may have an attitude problem.

Natty Redlocks
11-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey, maybe we could get that Cody Ross guy

TheBigLebowski
11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey, maybe we could get that Cody Ross guy

We'd just trade him back days later.