PDA

View Full Version : Second Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Scrap Irony
12-20-2002, 01:55 AM
Because the year is almost over, I tend to look back over thepast 12 months to determine the joys in my life. Simple things, really, like a beautiful fall day with a sky so impossibly bright it hurts your eye just looking at it. Or a rainy Sunday with nothing to do except read the cartoons with that special someone. A perfect 6-4-3 with a strong relay to double up a fast runner. The sweet smell of freshly cut grass. Presents under the tree, all of them.

Speaking of presents, it's time we handed some away. Therefore, let's bring back the Second Annual Redszone Awards Show. Since Samuel L. Jackson is making a movie and Gary Shanding is... well.. doing whatever it is that formerly funny men do, I will be your host for the evening. Cast your ballots, ladies and gentlemen, for the following:

Most missed poster
Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Best tag line
The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.

Best Moniker
Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care!

Most Valuable Poster
Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?

Most Clever
Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".

Best Armchair GM
Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

Best Trademeister
Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?

Best Discussion
Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?

Worst Typist
Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?

Funniest
Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?

Best Use of Statistics
Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

Most Long-winded
Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.

Most Positive
Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?

Most Negative
Who is the eeyore?

Best Use of an Emoticon
Who :confused: deserves :beerme: and :thumbup: for coming up with all the best of these little guys out of all :) :) :) :) :D ;) :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :hat: :smokin: :alien: us posters.

Nicest
Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?

Best Moderator
Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?

Best Chatter
Only those that have attended the chat room may vote in this highly contested award. (Haynes underwear will be given to the winner. But not Haynes' underwear.)

Most Off-Topic
I like potatoes!

Best Use of the Phrase "Billardello of Blood"
(Okay, so I wanted one of these awards for myself. It would look great on my resume right next to Trimble County High School Band Burping Champion, Band Camp Division, 1988-90.) Besides, I really like that line.

Want some other awards? Just write them in. Remember to vote early, often, and Democratic!

TeamCasey
12-20-2002, 05:56 AM
Thanks for doing this, Scrap! I thought about doing it again, but wasn't sure how it would go over these days.

I'll work on my nominations over cocktails this weekend.

Vacation starts in 8 hours. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

GAC
12-20-2002, 09:04 AM
I hope I don;t lose ma ttidle of worsst tipist. I wurk so hards at gittin it ober da lst yer :p

buckeyenut
12-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Best Trademeister? Gotta be Krusty

Best Armchair GM? My vote goes to M2

Most missed poster? tie of Stormy and TeamClark

Gotta do some research to figure out my votes on the rest :)

Redsland
12-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Okay, I'll bite. I'm going to skip a few categories, though. No need to turn an awards show into a catfight, after all. ;)

Most missed poster
Red Storm. His posts were always insightful, well-written, and thoroughly researched. I almost never disagreed with him, which saved me a lot of typing, since he articulated my point of view much better than I ever could. :)
Runner up: Team Clark

Best tag line
KYRedsFan. ("I know, I know, you're a feminist, and that's adorable, but this is grown up time, and I'm the man." - Peter Griffin) :laugh:
Runner up: Red Leader ("Yes. Good place. They don't throw things. The fans just yell, 'You suck.' " -Ichiro, on Yankee Stadium)

Best Moniker
wolfwolfwolf. I assume this is inspired by the story of the boy who cried wolf. As a result, I always smile at the irony of reading his posts, since he doubtless intends for me to take them seriously, but signs them with a literary allusion to a character unworthy of belief. :)
Runner up: Santo Alcala

Most Valuable Poster
guernsey. Level-headed and well-read, he's part town crier and part ambassador of goodwill. Plus, have you seen his post count?
Runner up: cincinnati chili

Most Clever
Chip R. I think I'm pretty darn clever, but it probably isn't very seemly to vote for myself in such a public forum. :p That said, if you told me someone here owned a pair of Groucho glasses, I'd bet it's him.
Runner up: 15Fan

Best Armchair GM
M2. He's pragmatic, has the vision thing, and doesn't shoot from the hip.
Runner up: Raisor

Best Trademeister
Krusty. Who else is there? :p

Best Discussion
The Jason LaRue sucks, no he doesn't, passed balls are important, no they aren't expose on catching from a few weeks back. A fascinating, in-depth analysis of a position and a player. Full of nuance, and an enjoyable read.
Runner up: Catch 22’s account of his visit to Cincy

Best Use of Statistics
westofyou. His encyclopaedia thing has proven to be a valuable tool during numerous discussions.
Runner up: Steve4192

Most Positive
TeamCasey. No contest.

Best Use of an Emoticon
Anyone who manages to work this one into a thread: :yipee:
Runner up: :eek:

Nicest
Sun Deck. My lawn and garden never looked better. :thumbup:
Runner up: RFS62

Best Moderator
Boss Hog. Can't say I agree with his policy regarding the Duke boys, but otherwise he's alright. :thumbup:

Most Off-Topic
:yipee:

Biitner Pill. There ya go, buddy. :)

---------

Least-Missed Poster
Richard Hand. We've waved bon voyage to some real pieces of work, but there was something about this guy that got under my skin. What was it again? Oh yeah: :rant:

jtc24
12-20-2002, 02:48 PM

TeamCasey
12-20-2002, 03:18 PM
Most missed posters
Red Storm and JaxRed – I learned a lot from both of them, even if I disagreed.

I miss our busy youth – batboy, neo – we don’t see you two often enough.

geoj, 37Red – Nice guys. Wish I saw more of them.

I'd say TCII, but I think he lurks. :D

Best tag line
Lots of good ones – hard to recall them.

I’ll go with Sava’s at the moment. “42% of all statistics are made up on the spot”

Best Moniker
OldRedGuard – fitting name for someone who’s shared some real neat history with us.

Most Valuable Poster
Too many to list. Like different people for different reasons.

I’ll go with guernsey because he brings us all the news we need to hear faster than I can get it anywhere else.

I'll second that with TeamMorris, TeamGriffey and TeamBoone .... otherwise, I'll get coal in my stocking.

Most Clever
BCubb - Summaries crack me up every time!

RedRoser – he’s a diva! :p

Dr. Scott – scorecards.

Creek – good points and polls – great morning coffee time.

Best Armchair GM
Really tough. Couldn’t possible choose between many of the Dayton crew. I’ll give that whole gang kudos. They’ve brought in some fantastic discussions.

Edskin. A lot of passion and thought in his in his posts. May not always agree, but always respect.

Best Trademeister
That slobberknocker of a good guy. The man behind the green curtain. The Ole one. :D

Best Discussion
I’ll get back to this one. Need to ponder it. :confused:

Worst Typist
Hmmm – Wetzel perhaps, maybe me ….. I often edit later.

Funniest
GAC, Wetzel

Best Use of Statistics
82% of Cincinnatians will need chocolate when Casey is traded! I think that was cedric, can’t remember and I’m offline.

Most Long-winded
Gotta give this one to Stormy ….. he’s a legend!

LGJ on any topic involving the lightning rod. :D ;)

Most Positive
RFS62, GAC

MikeS21 - I'm a taxpayer ...... how dare you diffuse my rant! ;)

Most Negative

TeamSelig, RedRead, Red-in-LA, SoCalRed ….. but we love ‘em anyway. Even the grinch has heart!

Best Use of an Emoticon

:beerme:

I’ll add the worst use of an emoticon, then I’ll step off my soapbox: anytime someone rolls eyes to someone else’s opinion. Still hate that one. Disagree, don’t disrespect. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nicest
Bob Borkowski, Marty and Joe, GAC, SandyD, KittyDuran, SunDeck, catch22, smallbattle, GIK, BCubb and RFS62 .... too many to list.

A lot of people have been kind to me over the years here. Thanks guys. I value the friendships I’ve made here.

Best Moderator
15Fan – can diffuse a situation without treating people like children, and without ticking people off. Very objective and fair.

Best Chatter
All of ‘em! Wish more would participate!

Great to see RBA and Cougar and Vancouver when they can make it!

Most Off-Topic
Word Association! Will that retched thing ever die!?

I’ll say Scrap ….. but I didn’t get this one :lol:

I reserve the right to add more categories and nominations …… but first ….. I need a cold one or two. Cheers! Vacation is here!:beerme:

MikeS21
12-20-2002, 05:29 PM
TeamCasey wrote:

Most Positive
RFS62, GAC

MikeS21 - I'm a taxpayer ...... how dare you diffuse my rant!
Ah shucks. Why, thank you, TC! I'm touched that you would think of me as "The Most Positive.' :o

For the record: My last name IS NOT Lindner, Allen, or Bowden!

Most positive: Now what did I do with those 2003 Word Series tickets for GAB, that guy sold me on E-Bay? :D

RedRoser
12-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Wow, TC, you sure know how to hurt a guy.
Wasn't sure just what you meant by my nomination as "diva," so I went to Uncle Webster. He said "a prima donna." Now I said, what the he** is that, so I went back to ole Webb, and he says
"a temperamental and conceited person."
Now I get enuff of that kinda treatment from my wife. You women just can't resist teamin' up on us menfolk, huh? :thumbup:

---'Roser

TeamCasey
12-20-2002, 06:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I say diva??? I meant legend .... yeah, yeah .... that's the ticket!

(One who's been bitten on the tush as many times as I have with misunderstood pranks and good fun. ;) :cool: )

RedRoser
12-20-2002, 06:36 PM
Legend is good... :D

Shania Twain---now she's a diva :evilgrin:

---'Roser

letsgojunior
12-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Most missed poster

Easily Stormy. The place isn't the same without him.

Best tag line

Red Leader's Ichiro tagline.

Most Valuable Poster

Guernsey for providing us info faster than the AP

Most Clever

BCubb/BCubb2003. Love his random thoughts.

Best Armchair GM

Princeton. He has great 'vision'.;)

Best Trademeister

Ole' Krusty in a landslide.:)

Best Discussion

The "Aaron Boone is engaged to Laura Cover" thread. Certainly not lacking in entertainment value.

Best Use of Statistics

Easily WOY. Very nicely done always.

Most Positive

TC or TB. The glass is always half full.

Funniest

GAC or Phoenix. Always read their contributions. I'm still getting over "so as long as this is an official Todd Walker vs Barry Bonds HR tracking thread".

Best Use of an Emoticon

RHN17, especially when Brad Penny or Aaron Boone is involved.:)

Nicest

MWM or WVRedsFan.

Best Moderator

Chip. Always breaking up the cat fights.;)

Scrap Irony
12-21-2002, 12:36 AM
BTW, guys and dolls, if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by posting for all the world to see, just e-mail me your choices. Then I'll have your e-mail address and send some really horrible things to you. (Pictures of the family at Niagra Falls complete with a littel tyke picking his nose.) Plus, I can then blackmail all of you cowards in exchange for Reds' tickets.

j/k:D

RedHotNumber17
12-21-2002, 09:18 PM
Best Discussion

The "Aaron Boone is engaged to Laura Cover" thread. Certainly not lacking in entertainment value.

Best Use of an Emoticon

RHN17, especially when Brad Penny or Aaron Boone is involved.:)

I have to laugh because that whole "Aaron and Laura" story was THE topic of the season in my Aaron Boone Yahoo Group too...so many people posted their opinions on that story...Laura made a lot of enemies this past season LOL

LGJ, thank you for your awarding me the Best Use of An Emoticon :) That's awesome...and yes, you put Aaron Boone or Brad Penny in ANY sentence here and you'll definitely get a :yipee: :yipee: out of me :D :D :D

Merry Christmas everybody :)

By the way, I hope Santa Baseball brings me Brad Penny or a certain Anaheim Angel to me this year :)

paintmered
12-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Funniest Thread

There have been some good ones, but the "Are the Reds better with Castro?" thread takes the cake. If its on archive or around here someplace, take the time to read it. Some of the funniest and most creative stuff that redszone has produced in quite a while - and there's been plenty of good stuff to show up here.

KittyDuran
12-22-2002, 08:29 AM
...had to be "12 wins from sainthood" with FCB wagering his firstborn if Jimmy gets to 14 wins - then having various members Redszone think of chores for the kid to do as Saint Don (as he is known now) neared sainthood...
:lol:

BTW Jimmy did get to 14 wins, but FCB last post on that thread was 5/31/02! How's the kid, FCB???;)

GAC
12-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Most Positive

Hmmmm! There is so much optimism on this forum, that this is a tough one ;)

Most Negative

I give the Schleprock award to IBCK :p

Nicest

TeamCasey. She's "Ringo" to the rest of us "John, Paul & George's". And also savafan too.

Most Missed

rfs62. Someone told this poor guy that he had to stay off the forum for 5 years in order to be eligible for the HOF :evilgrin:

I'd list Larkinfan a very close 2nd ;)

Most Long Winded

No contest!... ME! No one could ever say that I'm man of few words (just ask my kids!)

M2 (in a positive way though. Like to read his posts)

Best Moderator

(flipping a coin)... Today's your lucky day Chip! Of course I'm using a two-headed coin

Best Trademeister

Duh! Who uses that under their name? But I don't know if the word "best" should be included. But Krusty is imaginative and a joy to read.

Best Armchair GM

MikeS21. he makes too much sense when it comes to the business/economic angle of MLB. And I find myself agreeing with him alot (which probably scares alot on here)

Best Use of Statistics

Anyone but me ;). Guys Like guernsey, M2, westofyou, and letsgojunior impress me alot. They have to be making it all up as they go along! :lol:

Most Valuable Poster

guernsey

Best Discussion

Gee, that's a toss up. It's either the myriad discussions on Jr (are we going to trade him or not?)... or me trying to convert Dom Hefner, and keep this poor soul from burning in a lake of fire and brimstone :evilgrin:

Worst Typist

If I don't win something out of these awards, then they obviously are rigged ;)

Best Chatter/Chat Room

the clique (Spanky, Alfafa, Mickey, Darla, Butch and Stymie). Throw in Al Bundy (and a few beers)...what game?

I think we should also nominate someone for the "George Constanza" award ;)

M2
12-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Most missed poster

Stormy. Though REDREAD, JaxRed and TC II would merit a lot of consideration if it they each hadn't popped up for air in recent weeks. I'm hoping for the return of Blondebleacherite also, one of the funniest posters we've ever had.

Best tag line

TeamCasey - "I believed"

Best Monicker

Biitner Pill, honorable mention to TC's UnderDunn. We've also got posters named CloudyListon and Cincinnatus from whom we rarely hear.

Most Valuable Poster

guernsey, he's the best baseball news service on the planet.

Most Clever

Chip R, a master of quiet sarcasm.

Best Armchair GM

cincinnati chili, and let's hope someday he gets to move out of the armchair and into an actual GM job.

Best Trademeister

Krusty, volume counts.

Best Discussion

I've really enjoyed the debates about the plusses and minuses of Jason LaRue. I've probably learned more from investigating that topic than anything else in the baseball-related universe over the past year.

Worst Typist

Unless you want to name this the "Geo J Achievement in Haphazard Typing Award" my vote goes to geo j.

Funniest

creek, she puts a comic gem in pretty much every post she makes. Doesn't rely on a single comedic device either.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY, Fastest spreadsheet in the West.

Most Long-winded

GAC. Don't feel right voting for myself. Considered FLOTG. Stormy probably deserves to have this award named after him.

Most Positive

MikeS21. I disagree with Mike a lot. It invariably happens when I'm being negative. He really does look for the best possible outcome for the Reds in any possible situation and argues forcefully that good can emerge from many situations that seem irretreivably bleak.

Most Negative

FCB. Is there even a question on this one?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Web Scorpion. Hasn't flexed as much muscle in this area as previous years, but has the ability to move off the palette of 25 pre-selected emoticons and deliver a haymaker. TC's also quite the emoticon innovator.

Nicest

savafan, a constantly pleasant fellow.

Best Moderator

There is no "I" in team.

And a few extra awards for the folks at home:

The Brevity is the Soul of Wit Award

gm, says more in a sentence than most do in a book.

Poster You Want on Your Side in an Argument

WOY, not only does he carry that big statistical hammer, the guy can write a zinger with the best of them.

The Dave Concepcion Dignity in Posting Award

RFS62, if we had to send a poster to a hostile board to negotiate a cease-fire, he'd be the clear choice. Neither a hawk nor a dove, but always respectful and respected. 15fan also deserves serious consideration for this award.

4-H Award

princeton, always looking after the farm.

Best Non-Reds Fan

ramp, we could use more like him. SwampTurkey's also quite a nice resource to have around.

Rookie of the Year

Red Heeler, his Jose Contreras idea cinched my vote. Red Leader joined December, 2001 and I arbitrarily picked a 2002 cutoff for this one. PuffyPig/PiggyPuff/Puffy also had a fabulous first year on the board.

Poster Emeritus

Old Reds Guard, has seen the rise and fall of this franchise more times than most of us can begin to appreciate. Saw Bucky Walters convert from 3B to the best pitcher in baseball and can measure the effect of a leadoff hitter against the accomplishments of Billy Werber. I can only hope that in 40+ plus years I've been able to attain the same quality of baseball knowledge and wisdom.

Best Continuing Installment

Doc Scott's Trade Scorecard without a doubt.

Raisor
12-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey!
I got a second place vote!

I RULE!

:)

PSR

MikeS21
12-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Most missed poster

Reds Storm, TC2, JaxRed - I miss their behind-the-scenes info.

Best tag line

savafan's line about statistics being made up on the spot.

Most Valuable Poster

Wow! there's too many! There are number of posters I enjoy reading for a number of reasons. I don't always agree with them and they don't with me, but I respect their views and am glad to have them as part of the "Zone." Others I agree with quite a bit. Still others always seem to bring a smile when I read their posts. ALL of them make me think! Some of my fav's are: savafan, Krusty, GM, M2, GAC, Raisor, The Teamsters, KittyDuran, Creek, Biitner Pill, guernsey, red-in-la, RFS62, and Randy in Charlotte. You ALL are MVP's in my book!

Most Clever

I'd give the edge to ChipR. Although remdog and KittyD can fire off a good zinger now and then.

Best Armchair GM

Any of our lady posters. All of us guys have too big of egos! :lol:

PS: I probably would have voted for GAC for best Armchair GM, but since he already voted for me, I didn't want anyone acusing us of a vast religious right-winged conspiracy! :D

Best Trademeister

No one is better than the "King of the Slobberknocker," ole' Kruster, himself!

Best Discussion

Any juicy trade rumor gets my vote. If I had to pick one from 2002, it had to be the thread where we thought a trade was brewing between the Reds and Marlins last July. With all the inside information and conflicting reports, that was fun.

Worst Typist

id rath#r nought anser thqt Bcuz I doent want 2 0ffind anee-wun

Best Use of Statistics

Definitely my vote goers to west-of-you. Every time I get on one of my passionate outbursts, he has to drag facts and statistics into the discussion! ;)

Nicest

savafan - even when he disagrees with you, you feel as if he respects you.

Best Moderator

Whaaat? Are you trying to get me banned from RedsZone? They all qualify as "best."

RFS62
12-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Most missed poster

Red Storm and CQ are the two guys I miss reading the most who used to contribute a lot. I also miss Spitball, Larkin Fan, TCII and Red Roser.

Best tag line

Team Casey’s “I believed”, but I also love Savafan’s “42% of all satistics are made up on the spot”

Best Moniker

I loved Scrap Irony, and Biitner Pill is just as creative. Nothing like a little sour mash induced whimsey. Also, Spitball is a great name. Wish I’d been smart enough to come up with something that clever.

Most Valuable Poster

Guernsey, in a landslide. Solid as a rock and always there. Probably the most balanced knowledge of baseball on the board, from the business side down to the most obscure prospects in any organization.

Most Clever

Chip and GAC. Chip does it with subtilty, GAC with sheer volume.

Best Armchair GM

Cincinnati Chili. A great guy with a tremendous grasp of the big picture. I’m also in the crowd that believes he would make a great baseball executive someday.

Best Trademeister

Krusty is the grandaddy of them all, but Scrappy (I’m still not used to calling him Biitner Pill) is close behind. Both are tireless rumor mongers, constantly searching the bottom of a liquor bottle to come up with creative ways to trade Juan Castro.

Funniest

Redsland. A wry wit and a tremendous writing ability. A great addition to the board.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY without a doubt. I’ve got the Sabremetric Encyclopedia too, but nobody wields it with such panache and common sense as WOY. It’s one thing to be able to look up statistics, but it’s quite another to be able to use them in concert with his excellent knowledge of baseball.

Most Positive

I would have to say it’s a tie between Creek, CQ, GAC, Team Casey, Team Boone, and McKenzie. And when I say most positive, I don’t mean “unrealistically positive”. All of these posters know full well the weaknesses we have, but still take a positive attitude towards our future.

Most Negative

Well, FCB, although he has some stern competition. By the way, I love the way my deck came out. Thanks again to your son for all his efforts.

Best Use of an Emoticon

Web Scorpion, for exactly the reasons M2 so aptly stated.

Nicest

Bucksfan gets my vote here. A great guy and very knowledgible fan

Additional special double secret probation honorable mention

Best Writer

A tie between M2, BCubb, and Redsland. All pros, so maybe they should be in a separate division. But I love watching a good wordsmith hammer out the prose. These guys are in a league of their own, and have the baseball knowledge to boot.

Spitball
12-23-2002, 08:08 AM
I know my most missed vote would be split between 37Red, LarkinFan, Phil in BG, and CougarQuest. RFS62 and Wetzel also need to come around more often. :(

GAC
12-23-2002, 08:11 AM
So if I come build you a deck, or paint your house, can I garner some more votes somehow? slave laborer :evilgrin:

And I'd have to add WVRedsfan to that category of "Nicest".

And I couldn't agree more. I miss reading CQ's posts on the forum.

RFS62
12-23-2002, 09:13 AM
"So if I come build you a deck, or paint your house, can I garner some more votes somehow? slave laborer "

Yep, that's how it works.

:evilgrin:

TeamCasey
12-23-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Spitball
I know my most missed vote would be split between 37Red, LarkinFan, Phil in BG, and CougarQuest. RFS62 and Wetzel also need to come around more often. :(

I could be wrong. I thought Phil had changed his name along the way.

Will the real Phil please stand up? :)

creek14
12-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Most missed poster
Red Storm, but at least we still have his picture. :smokin:

Best tag line
Sun Deck's "Insert pithy quote here"

Best Moniker
TC's alter ego "UnderDunn"

Most Valuable Poster
Well guernsey brings all the news, but RFS62 is the adult supervision for the board, so they tie.

Most Clever
Redsland

Best Armchair GM
Cincinnati Chili. And when you become one for real, I would make a great marketing person. :D

Best Trademeister
Krusty

Best Discussion
FCB's first child/Haynes thread

Worst Typist
IBCK and anyone who can't take the time to type "you" vs "u".

Funniest
M2 and WOY have made me spit water on my monitor.

Best Use of Statistics
WOY

Most Long-winded
It would be Red Storm if he hadn't gone missing. But I have to give the tie to geo and GAC

Most Positive
TeamCasey

Most Negative
FCB

Best Use of an Emoticon
Web Scorpian

Nicest
The Burn and RFA1966 come to mind. There are a host of others.

Best Moderator
Oh, all of them, of course. :evilgrin:

Most Off-Topic
Aaron's butt

And a special award to Team Selig as the poster who most enjoys my posts.

Red Heeler
12-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Most missed poster
Red Storm. I miss his well written essays.

Best tag line
I am going to go with Creek for the lifetime achievement award. She has had several very funny ones. I really like the current one.

Best Moniker
The now defunct Scrap Irony was my favorite, although his new one is very good as well.

Most Valuable Poster
I could never surf enough to get all of the info. that Guernsey provides. One stop shopping, I like it!

Most Clever
Chip

Best Armchair GM
M2, because he and I seem to have similar ideas on how to build a ballclub (BTW, thank you for the ROY vote). Honorable mention to GM and Raisor. Princeton for minor league director.

Best Trademeister
Krusty...'nuff said.

Best Discussion
FCB's kid up for trade.

Worst Typist:
Ummm...me. Takes me three times to reed through my posts to make sure I spelled everything correctly.

Funniest
Redsland

Best Use of Statistics
West of You is excellent at putting things into perspective.

Most Long-winded
Red Storm

Most Positive
Team Casey

Most Negative
Malcontent

Best Use of an Emoticon
RHN17
BTW, the first person to use :alien: logically should retire the award.

Nicest
Team Casey

Most Off-Topic
Gotta be the debate about Aaron's honey.

Ummm...best is the superlative of good. Is there a good use of the phrase "Billardello in Blood"? :)

princeton
12-23-2002, 12:38 PM
Most missed poster: Jax and Redread don't post enough

Most Valuable Poster: guernsey, but not because he posts everything-- Hand did that. The guy keeps us geniuses honest by keeping track of some fearless predictions gone wrong.

Most Clever: M2 can think against the grain

Best Armchair GM : Toot, toot!
But I'll also say that 15Fan has a great appreciation for the economics, which is much of the battle these days.

Best Trademeister: Krusty, I wish that you were the Cards' GM

Best Discussion: who's the closer?

Worst Typist: you the man, geo

Funniest: gm, in an understated way. But I wouldn't want to get on the bad side of WoY.

Best Use of Statistics: anyone who doesn't bring up range factor.

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best? As if.

Most Negative: FCB

Nicest: definitely not me.

Best Moderator: like 'em all

creek14
12-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Red Heeler

BTW, the first person to use :alien: logically should retire the award.

Jim Bowden = :alien:

:D

TeamSelig
12-23-2002, 03:04 PM
:roll:
*face blushes and I stand up quickly, walking to the stage. Trips and falls, and has a seizure for about 5 minutes. Finally gets back up and walks to the microphone.....*

OMG I never expected to win! I should have prepared a speech. Well, here goes. I gladly accept the Most Negative, for I have worked all year long, many late night posting, but I did what I had to do, and now that I have the Most Negative Award, I would like to first of all, thank god. Without God, I wouldn't have been able to have the energy to post negative and terrible things. Thank you so much God. I would like to thank my parents for making love several times to reproduce me, without that I wouldn't be here today either. Next off I would like to thank my agent Peter Pinklepopper, you're the best Pete. Also, thanks to the Redszoners. Krusty for his name which would often make me go into violent fits and walk along the streets beating homeless people with whiffle ball bats. All the moderators and I think you know why ;) Creek for her daily poll that she used to run purposely angering me to the point that I would once again, take it out on the homeless people. WOY for disrespecting every post he can, and never having an actual argument other than his stats(he's probably going to reply with the stats on how many times he's argued without using stats, or maybe he'll think I'll do that, so he'll make an argument about how many times I've used stats, no, he'll probably just post some random stat so my head will burst so I will go take it out on the homeless again, yea thats what he'll do, I KNOW YOU WOY YOU CAN'T GET IN MY HEAD !! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!)

uhh, where was I? Oh yeah, I was complaining. ;) But seriously, thanks for the award I'll cherish it forever.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Red Leader
12-23-2002, 04:10 PM
There are a few categories that I can make certain "lock" picks.

Best use of statistics: Westofyou, simply amazing. I don't know where you get them, but you get them and they are all very valid to every post they are inserted into.

Best trader: Krusty. Some of them are a little out there, but most I agree with. Just the pure volume of them is amazing, and none that I can remember as being way far out there.

Best discussion: The Jason LaRue discussion. I started a thread about a rumor my friend had told me about the Reds interest in Mario Ramos of the Rangers for Jason LaRue. It turned into one of the most fascinating posts I have ever read, full of M2, cincinnati chili, ScrapIrony, princeton, and gm's wonderful writing and of course, westofyou's statistics. Simply an awesome read.

Most missed poster: Team Clark and RedStorm

Most valuable poster: I agree that guernsey is the engine to this forum, but so, so many of you contribute great information, perspectives, and opinions. That is what I truly love about this site, and is a big reason why I can't stop myself from logging in every day.

Funniest / Most Clever: ChipR, I always find his responses humorous for some reason. Although, he is facing some stiff competition.

The "I don't know what to give you but you deserve an award":
remdog. I always like reading your posts as well, and felt I needed to special mention you somehow.

All in all, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for enlightening me on so many things that I wouldn't have had the priveledge of knowing without you. As I said earlier, so many of you contribute to making this such a wonderful site to visit. Moderators: You deserve the lifetime achievement award for making this place such a great place to visit, and keeping it up despite all of the other responsibilities in your lives. I hope to add more in my second season here on Redszone, and also am looking forward to everything I've witnessed in the last year thoughout my now 889+ post. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you. May God bless each and everyone of you.

I forgot to give myself the award for most edited posts. I seem to edit every post I make for spelling or to add things that I forgot to mention the first time ( like this):thumbup:

Raisor
12-23-2002, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure if Red Storm is eligable for the "most missed" award since he's posted a couple times in the last week.

:)

PSR

cincinnati chili
12-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Most missed poster
De La Hoz. While I don’t blame the moderators for running him (he had it coming), some of his stuff was brilliant. I once read a review of Norm McDonald, calling him “breathtakingly mean.” I think that suited DeLaHoz as well.

Best Moniker
Biitner pill. And by the way, it’s B-I-I-T-T-N-E-R. But it’s kind of classy that you misspell it. Sort of like Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, etc.

Most Valuable Poster
RFS62. Knows a lot about a lot; friendly; articulate; puts things in perspective when they need to be put there.

Most Clever
Tie. M2 and Dr. Scott. Great writers, great analogies. There are a few people whose threads I always open, regardless of the topic, and these 2 are examples.

Best Armchair GM
There are numerous ones here. But I’m going to say JaxRed. Half of being good at a job is enjoying your job. Obviously, he enjoys keeping up with the contracts of the 40-man enough to maintain that great site IN HIS SPARE TIME. There are certainly some baseball executives who don’t take an interest in the minutiae of the job, even though they’re paid to do it, and I think that hurts them.

Best Trademeister
Krusty. Even though I put most of them down as never-going-to-happen, I appreciate the thought he puts into them. And besides, if Millwood can be traded for Estrada, ANYTHING is possible. I tried to think of one trade over Thanksgiving break (just one), and it tied my head in knots. He gives us something to ponder constantly.

Best Discussion
Baseball related: the Broussard trade aftermath; non-baseball related: the first amendment stuff (pledge of allegiance, the religion gone amok, etc)

Worst Typist
ramp101. Great contributor (for a Marlins fan), but sometimes I have to decipher the Morse code to understand wtf he/she’s talking about

Funniest
Johnny Footstool. For more see www.spitter.com

Best Use of Statistics
West of You. He doesn’t just spout stuff out, like that annoying lady in your book club, but relates the stats to discussion. And he’s quick. Runners up: Raisor and Cooper (aka JCooper)

Most Long-winded
Fortheloveofthegame and GAC. Both are great contributors, and some of their rants are loooonnng. As a side note, wouldn’t it be funny if GAC and Dom Heffner were the same person?

Most Positive
I think savafan was a good call (above). Sometimes, I’ve mistaken his genuine optimism for sarcasm.

Most Negative
Falls City Beer. But negative in an ‘Everybody loves Raymond’ sort of way

Nicest
Too many to mention (in no particular order). Team Casey, Team Boone, Boss, Let’s go junior, backbencher, kduran, spitball, randy in fva, creek, burn, guernsey, gik, and larkin fan. I really haven’t had a problem with anybody on this board. Never have had to “take it to pms” with anyone.

Best moderator
They’ve all been friendly and helpful, but Chip’s sense of humor hits a positive nerve with me.

Favorite threads
Dr. Scott’s recurring scorecards, Catch 22’s trip to Cincy, and ’12 wins from sainthood’

Least favorite threads
Anything having to do with gardening tips, how gold star is better than skyline, or how John Allen is to blame for the Reds’ problems

Raisor
12-23-2002, 05:55 PM
Most missed poster

Fox (and his various alter-egos). He was just so much fun to make fun of :evilgrin:

Best tag line
Chili's

Most Valuable Poster

I've got my poster of Farrah Fawcett packed away someplace...uh..I mean Cin Chili. Even if he IS too busy to join my sim-league. :P

Best Armchair GM

I WISH it was JimBo ;)

Best Trademeister
Krusty. Though if I read the word "Slobberknocker" again, I may go postal (and as a federal employee, that's always a possibility)

Best Discussion
Anything involving Creek and Aaron's boom boom. :thumbup:
;)

Best Use of Statistics
Going against the trend here (though it's neck and neck) gotta say Chilli..

Most Long-winded
Fortheloveofthegame
I have a feeling the FTLOTG gets paid by the word :biggrin:

Most Positive
Creek by a landslide

Best moderator
The one that's active right now :)

Favorite threads
Anything about Boone's rear is tops with me. Wait, I'm a straight male. Nevermind. :biggrin:

Anything that makes ME look good like...uh...damn, nothing comes to mind.

FCB selling his kid into slavery works for me :)

savafan
12-24-2002, 01:36 AM
Thanks to everyone who nominated me, sincerely, it is an honor to be recognized by my peers. Here are my nominees:

Most missed poster
TCII with an honorable mention to LarkinFan (glad he's back and feeling better...been in your hometown a few times recently...)

Best tag line
Sundeck- "Insert pithy quote here."

Most Valuable Poster
This one is tough, but I have to give a shout out to guernsey on this one

Most Clever
GAC and Chip (Tie)

Best Armchair GM
Krusty...if only it were true...

Best Trademeister
again, Krusty

Best Discussion
Gotta love the Pledge of Allegiance discussion

Funniest
TeamCasey and TeamBoone...if you've never drank with them, you have no idea...

Best Use of Statistics
Peter Gammons

Most Long-winded
ForLoveOfTheGame...but I love to read what he has to say

Most Positive
KittyDuran

Most Negative
TeamSelig

Nicest
gotta go with Kitty once again

Best Moderator
Love them all

Most Likely To Be Charged With Stalking
All of our lovely ladies here at Redszone tie for this one

Old Red Guard
12-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Best Armchair GM - JaxRed with an assistant GM in M2 and Director of Player Personnel in WestOfYou

Most Valuable Poster - Not going there - there are just too many folks who here who keep me company regularly to name one. Since Boss was one of the originators & early boosters I'd be tempted to go with him for that reason.

Most Missed Poster - The old Don Heffner. I used to get into some incredibly wacky and abstract discussions often involving boolean algebra, baseball, the occult and astronomy in the same sentence. I don't know how you guys do that IP thing but I suspect he was also Mike delaHoz. Too bad he made the Grinch look giddy.

Most Clever - Creek, ChipR, Johnny Footstool come to mind. Creek's wacky comments send me over the edge though - the edge of my chair that is, I'm laughing too hard sometimes to sit up straight. Give the Golden Guffaw Statue to Creek.

Best Moderator - The best moderators are rarely read in public - they do their work by PM and keep it under their hat but once in a while they have to make a public statement when something really offensive goes on. All of them have been reasonable but my nod goes to CougarQuest. When it comes to RedsZone, open the book of Genesis and CougarQuest was there when it was just a void needing filled.

Best Writer - Writer Dan, TeamClark, M2, RedStorm. Stormy also gets most long winded, though - no one accuses him of being the Hemingway of bulletin boards.

Least liked topic - Any post that refer to players as "garbage" or other unnecessary personal attacks.

Most Overworked Topics - Boone the manager and Griffey. Is there any stone unturned when it comes to these two? Casey's worth to team chemistry is a nauseatingly repetitious third.

Best Trademeister - Oh, I think the "Slobberknocker DealMaker" Krusty runs away with this one. If he were GM we'd have complete systemwide turnover twice a year.

Best Serial Post - BCubb and his terse observations. I love it when a new batch comes along.

Freindliest - OregonRed, TeamCasey, geoj, Johnny F, SwampTurkey, Bob Borkowski, ramp101 (although I suspect ramp would be like the kid who follows right on your heel talking and chattering and talking and chattering....remember LikeMike jumping up and down when they were interviewing his teammate?)

Worst Typist - geoj followed by ramp.

Best Poster From Another Team - Swamp Turkey. Swampie always has respect for our team but lets his Cardinal fever show through and through.

Best Wishes - To each and everyone of you my thanks for the company and enjoyment I have gotten from you and my hope that each of you realizes at least one of your personal dreams this coming year. To each of you I sincerely wish a happy holiday season and a coming year of peace, prosperity and compassion.

from our family to yours:
Chuck and Dixie, the Old Red Guard and his Rock of Ages

Bob Borkowski
12-24-2002, 01:14 PM
Just let me contribute to this thread by suggesting that to me the 'Most Missed Poster' is LINEDRIVER.

How can anyone consider themselves a true Reds fan if they don't have at least some knowledge of the past, the foundation from which the current Reds have sprung?

LINEDRIVER's threads always helped us maintain our perspctives as Reds fans and, speaking as one of the genuine old-timers at the Zone, I wish he would come back from his hiatus.

We miss you, LD.

SandyD
12-24-2002, 03:07 PM
Bob, I'll second your thoughts on linedriver. If you're reading ... come back.

I'd like to see Krusty nominate someone for next best trademeister. ;) We could call it Ole Krusty the Trademeister's Slobberknocker Knock Down award or something.

For best off-topic ... remember the thread that turned into a discussion of fast food favorites? I don't recall how it started and I can't find it anymore, but that one was kind of fun.

I'd also like to nominate ramp101 for the Burning Keyboard Grand Entrance award for the most prolific new poster. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

TeamBoone
12-24-2002, 04:58 PM
TC here.

Wow!!!!!

I can't believe I missed Linedriver in my post. I used to seek out his threads. Been reading so sporadically lately, he slipped off my RADAR.

M2
12-24-2002, 05:21 PM
JaxRed with an assistant GM in M2

Now that's a recipe for a fistfight if I ever saw one.

creek14
12-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by M2
Now that's a recipe for a fistfight if I ever saw one.

I bet you could take him.

Spring~Fields
12-24-2002, 08:11 PM
You know it is very disappointing, yes disappointing that I did not receive even a nomination or a token of honorable mention as most annoying poster? I ask, just where is your Christmas spirit?

Ask yourselves, just how would you feel on Christmas Eve if you found that you did not get the jerk award, or A award, do you know how hard I work at my fragmented sentences, bad grammar, and poor spelling, confusing and unsubstaniated remarks?

My irrational thoughts, My Bowden bashing ………sigh? I am so crushed ……….

now just where did Boss put that complaint box………
:(

GAC
12-25-2002, 09:45 AM
I know where I'd like to put that complaint box! :D

Talk about trying to fit a square peg into a round holes :eek:

TC II
12-25-2002, 11:33 PM
I had no idea I would be missed. Redszone really is a small family. One I have always been proud to be a part of. Even when we have births, divorces and family disputes. We are all part of the same family. Baseball Fans.

The bar business is great and I truly wish all of you would come out so we could talk baseball. As a matter of fact several current and former Reds have been to the bar in the past few weeks. The list includes one healthy Sean Casey who was in town for a check up on his surgically repaired shoulder.

I miss posting and wish I had more time to do so. Linedriver works with me so I'm sure he does too.

Hope to post something of value soon.

TC II

TeamCasey
12-26-2002, 06:15 AM
I didn't realize you were actually opening so quickly. We definitely need to wander down and check it out!

GAC
12-26-2002, 12:45 PM
What did you end up naming the place TCII? And give us a location.

SunDeck
12-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the Nods, folks. Two categories, how flattering. And since I make most of my posts on the "non" side, I'm even more humbled by the nominations (three, if you count gardening tips as a least favorite thread! )
Wish I spent enough time reading posts to have an opinion on all the categories. To date, I can only think of the following:

Most missed : Stormy

Most Positive: Creek

Nicest: Kitty, Creek, TC, TB

Armchair GM: NWM, without a doubt

Trademeister: This category should be called "Best Ole Trademeister".

Worts typist: Whatever happened to NDRed?

Spring~Fields
12-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Most missed poster
Gallagher and RoyHobbsJr.

Best tag line
Team Casey –“ Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.”

Best Moniker
GAC, and his hose, reminds me everyday of Jim Bowden in his dream world…..ha ha ha.

Most Valuable Poster
Anti-Bowden fans, they are many but a quiet group.

Most Clever
Boss Hog and Team Casey

Best Armchair GM
Princeton and M2, Impressive, interesting and they know what they are talking about without common emotions.

Best Trademeister
Chili

Best Discussion
Syncope calling Christians looneys
Worst Typist
Team Boone
Funniest
Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post?
RF62 When he does his bleeding heart post for Bob Boone.

Best Use of Statistics
Tom from Jax Florida

Most Long-winded
Without question RedStorm……..I read his post when I can’t sleep. Vs drugs.

Most Positive
Kitty Duran, Team Casey she never seen a Reds player who should be kicked out of town.
Most Negative
SpringfieldFan, he tells it like it is, and Bowden hates him.

Best Use of an Emoticon
Kitty Duran

Nicest
SpringfielFan, Kitty Duran

Best Moderator
15Fan, CougarQuest, ChipR……..true objective diplomats
Best Chatter
GAC under the influence,,,,,,,,,good thing he aint driving.

Most Off-Topic
Desperate Bowden supporters……………..

TC II
12-27-2002, 02:15 AM
The Bar was finally named Hippo Joe's Bar and Grill. It is located in Evendale. I'll try and post a new htread. I do not want to hijack this thread.

Best poster by far is RFS62.

Nicest is the ORIGINAL TC.

Most clever is a tie between Boss and TC.

Best armchair GM is Princeton and possibly RFS62.

Most missed would be LINEDRIVER

RBA
12-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey, I am not getting any 'love' here. How about a new catergory? Best Moderator who lives in California that is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, between the ages of 30 and 40, and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a bird. :beerme:

GIK
12-28-2002, 01:47 PM
:lol:

Raisor
12-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 01Red Blooded American
Hey, I am not getting any 'love' here. How about a new catergory? Best Moderator who lives in California that is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, between the ages of 30 and 40, and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a bird. :beerme:

ok, I vote for Ernie then.

;-)

RBA
12-29-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Raisor
ok, I vote for Ernie then.

;-)

HMMMM Well than, how about: Best Moderator who lives in California that is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, between the ages of 30 and 40, and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a bird, and not named Ernie.

Scrap Irony
12-29-2002, 03:15 AM
Does this mean GIK's bird is named Ernie?

Odd name for a bird...

;)

RedHotNumber17
12-29-2002, 08:02 PM
Best Use of an Emoticon
RHN17

Most Off-Topic
Gotta be the debate about Aaron's honey.

Thank you for the award :) I may not be as mastered at the emoticons as Web Scorp, but I try

LOL at the Most Off-Topic Award...

TheBurn
12-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the opportunity creek, chili...best wishes!
:beerme:

gonelong
12-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Boy, you leave for a few months ...

None of these categories work for me, so I'll have to invent my own so I get the accolades I so richly deserve. :p

Poster most likely to be a leading authority on the color beige:
gonelong

Thank you, thank you all. :D

GL

GAC
12-30-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by 01Red Blooded American

Oh, you mean the "Sgt. Carter" Award :evilgrin:

http://www.timvp.com/gomer0.jpg

KittyDuran
12-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Oh, you mean the "Sgt. Carter" Award Well, gollee, Sgt. Carter...

westofyou
12-31-2002, 12:40 PM
First I'd like to thank those who mentioned me, it's nice to get accolades and almost downright pleasurable to see TeamSelig express himself by using more than one sentance. Don't worry TS I don't want in your head. and it's not because I'm afraid of the dark either ;)

most missed

Aside from Dude from NC or Ben Marcum or Danny Boy I'd have to say LINEDRIVER... we could use more Guac and Cooper too.

Best Tag Line Most are good, some are bad... but I always read VR's and Chilis, even though I know what they say.

Best Moniker Frankly I have a hard time remembering who is who if the first 3 letters spell Red (Buckeye is the next confusing one) But my favorite is The Old Red Guard, who is a personal hero of mine and a man I hope to learn more from.

MVP (Poster) The eastern side of me refuses to point out someone who exceeds the collective of this group, the vastness of the posters almost assures that if someone leaves someone will slide in their place, just like baseball.

That said I would hate Guernsey to stop posting, because he does more leg work than an intern in the entertainment industry.

Most Clever I'm a fan of the BCubb man and the Creek

Best Armchair GM I'd go with a team of 4, Princeton is the head of all things Minor League, Chili and Reds Baron head off the offensive side and M2 heads off the group by revamping the Reds pitching.

Trademeister Trades bore me... fake ones that is, they are like imagining dates with supermodels, not likely to happen and often frustrating" Most realistic deals I've seen come from Rojo though.

Best Discussion I enjoyed the LaRue discussion, the Konkerko range/assists discussion and anything that deals in facts over emotional evidence.

Worts Typis Uttering it won't change it.

Funniest I like Creeks one liners and Raisors comebacks.

Best use of Statistics Steel SD breaks the stuff down to the atom level, consistently impressive. Steve4192 also rocks my world he teaches me something in every post.

Most Long-winded Folks have you met Edskin?

Most Positive TeamBoone, The Mother Teresa of Redszone

Most Negative They know who they are, let them live with it.

Nicest Not me for sure , how bout Larkin Fan

Best Moderator A tough job that when offered to me I ran screaming.... "but sometimes I HAVE to be a prick! I prop my boys 15fan and ChipR (not taking anything away from the boys behind the curtain though)

Best Chatter Chat? what exactly is that? ;)

Best Off Topic Chili, get a yard!!! Gardening rules, it's a zen like experience that can be enhanced by many beers and a good game on the radio. Next would be "what's in your CD player" It's lead me to make sure I have a copy of my faves if I have ride with any of you. ;)

15fan
12-31-2002, 01:37 PM
I'm not good at thinking for myself & making decisions. Mrs. fan does that for me. ;)

So I'll just sign my ballot over & let someone else be my proxy. As they say in these parts, "all y'all" get a big thumbs-up from me. Keep on keepin on.

I would be remiss, though, if I didn't suggest that Boss & GIK get some sort of lifetime achievement award.

And if you're a fellow refugee from the days of Fastball & Active Dayton, you should also get some special recognition. Between the annoying red wagon, GRID, and the Glamour Shots of Hal :cool: McCoy, you've certainly been to hell & back in your quest for intelligent Reds chat. May you some day find what you've been looking for all these years... ;)

TeamCasey
12-31-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by westofyou

TeamBoone, The Mother Teresa

Alex, I'd like "Two Things I Never Thought I'd See in the Same Sentence" for 1000, please.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D

Falls City Beer
12-31-2002, 03:04 PM
Most missed: de la Hoz--only his Brechtian wit could appropriately match the tenor of the Reds' "Bowden years."

Best to pick a fight with (btw, this is one of the highest compliments I could give): Raisor, M2, princeton (stubborn as hell; I respect that)

Gawly--I had no idea I was that "negative"

;)

Raisor
12-31-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Falls City Beer
Most missed: de la Hoz--only his Brechtian wit could appropriately match the tenor of the Reds' "Bowden years."

Best to pick a fight with (btw, this is one of the highest compliments I could give): Raisor

Holy crap! I won something!

YOU LIKE ME, YOU REALLY LIKE ME!

;)

letsgojunior
12-31-2002, 10:27 PM
Raisor is the best poster ever.;)

TeamBoone
12-31-2002, 10:42 PM
Most Missed: Stormy

Spring~Fields
01-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Tickle my ears and I will follow you anywhere..........cough cough:rolleyes: even though I did not understand a long winded word that you said. :evilgrin:

Raisor
01-01-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by letsgojunior
Raisor is the best poster ever.;)

damn right!

GAC
01-01-2003, 09:49 AM
I miss Reds Army. :p