PDA

View Full Version : Matt Belisle

Carolina Red
11-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I haven't heard anything on Matt Belisle lately. Do you think Matt will be in the Red's bullpen next year? I don't see him as a starter but I do think he could be good as a long reliever and a spot starter.

roby
11-22-2008, 05:17 PM
He always seemed to pitch better when it was unplanned...like an emergency start. He may very well be good as a spot starter and long reliever. He certainly has the stuff to pitch well.

HalMorrisRules
11-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I am unsure where I read it because it was a while ago, but I had read that Belisle is a good candidate to be non-tendered. The Reds would be very justified if that occurred.

akron3344
11-23-2008, 01:00 AM
he should be reunited with scott bankhead

dunner13
11-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I think were past the point of trying to count on belisle for anything. If he helps this year great, but we dont need to just hand him a spot on the team when there are other young pitchers who deserve a shot.

Hondo
11-23-2008, 06:32 PM
He sucks, trade him to the Royals.

redsfandan
11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
He sucks, trade him to the Royals.

and yet in another thread you'd include him in a deal to the padres. so he sucks for us but kc and the padres would want him?

redsfanmia
11-23-2008, 06:44 PM
and yet in another thread you'd include him in a deal to the padres. so he sucks for us but kc and the padres would want him?

Quantity over quality trades are the best. Lets give them all of our trash for someone good, it works out for everyone.

redsfandan
11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Quantity over quality trades are the best. Lets give them all of our trash for someone good, it works out for everyone.

huh? so now there are teams that like to collect trash? :confused:

Hondo
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM

Gosh, take it so literal... I do not think he has a future in Cincinnati... At all...

Would the Padres take him? I am sure they would as an extra body in the SD Trade if there was one... Alas he was not the centerpiece of my Trade...

Bailey, Dickerson, Stubbs, Belisle, and I would even through in Cueto to make it happen.

fitz1
11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I think the Reds have lost confidence in him. He didn't excell in AAA. He is arbitration eligible but I would be surprised if the Reds offer it to him and he becomes a free agent. I don't think other clubs are much interested in him as he would get little in return. I'd hate for him to end up with the Cardinals or Cubs and have a stellar year like some other Red rejects.

Hondo
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
I think the Reds have lost confidence in him. He didn't excell in AAA. He is arbitration eligible but I would be surprised if the Reds offer it to him and he becomes a free agent. I don't think other clubs are much interested in him as he would get little in return. I'd hate for him to end up with the Cardinals or Cubs and have a stellar year like some other Red rejects.

I tell ya what, if he goes to the Cardinals, he might end up winning 12-15 games one day... He just won't do it in the Queen City...

Which beings me to my next point... why isn't this team firing Dick Pole and hiring Leo Mazzone...

The pitching coaches here the last few years have been dissapointing to me with the success of some former Reds pitchers elsewhere... Loshe for an example... Ryan Dempster for another Example...