PDA

View Full Version : O's trade?

TC81190
11-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Would anyone else want to trade with the O's? Specifically, I'd like to see what they'd take for Brian Roberts and Aubrey Huff (who would presumably be our DH.) Another player that underwhelmed last year for them was CF Adam Jones, although he'd probably be harder to get seeing as he was the principle for Erik Bedard.

I take it their weakness is still pitching as it always has been.

So maybe a deal like...
2B Brian Roberts and 1B/OF Aubrey Huff and/or CF Adam Jones for
P Homer Bailey, P Matt Maloney, IF Chris Valaika, CF Drew Stubbs or Chris Dickerson

We don't really lose anything we'd need for this year, and the O's get a wealth of prospects to further their rebuilding, and that seems like a type of package of players that have been exchanged a lot recently for big ticket players (like Holliday this year or Haren last year for example.)

That'd leave us looking like...
2B Roberts
SS Phillips
1B Votto
LF Huff
RF Bruce
3B Encarnacion
CF Jones
C Hanigan

That'd also leave us with several prospects in the minors to either hang onto or trade for more help, like a catcher or additional starting pitcher.

schmidty622
11-28-2008, 04:33 PM
ugh. no thanks. your move doesnt work because phillips isnt going to play Shortsrop. the reds don't want him there, no
matter how much sense it makes.

redsfanfalcon
11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Our DH? This would only work for like 9 games a year in the AL parks.

Orodle
11-29-2008, 04:36 AM
As I keep saying there is a reason Phillips was moved to 2B from SS.

Ghosts of 1990
11-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I really hope we don't trade Homer Bailey. I think it could be a mistake. I know he hasn't shown much but he's still very very young and experience could prove to be valuable. He could be needed. I think he'd be best suited in long relief to break him into the big leagues full time and then if you have a guy go down in the rotation regulars you have Homer to step in after learning how to pitch 2 or 3 innings in different types of situations.

Gavin Floyd was given up on at an early age and had hype like Bailey coming out of the draft and now Floyd is the bull of the White Sox staff.

Don't give up on Bailey.

redsfandan
11-29-2008, 11:38 AM
interesting idea although the orioles have wanted alot for roberts alone in the past so i think they'd want more than this for roberts and huff or jones.

Ghosts of 1990
11-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Now for Jones/Roberts I'd give them that package listed above including homer. I think Jones will be a star. Can't imagine him with Bruce, Dickerson, Votto, etc.

Stockpile the talent!

TC81190
11-29-2008, 02:03 PM
interesting idea although the orioles have wanted alot for roberts alone in the past so i think they'd want more than this for roberts and huff or jones.
I wouldn't let a couple prospects hold that deal up. We'd be getting a very solid group of players back. If it took adding Frazier or someone else on our end, I'd still do it.