PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

camisadelgolf
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I noticed that there's a lot of football talk, which is understandable given the time of the year, and I got to thinking . . . Since we already have a Jungle Talk forum, what if we broadened it to a football forum? It's not like the Jungle Talk forum is booming with posts, so it might be a good idea to clear some space for the general non-baseball chatter and take advantage of the space that's available in the Jungle Talk forum.

*BaseClogger*
12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I agree. I never go into "The Jungle" but I am much more inclined to discuss college football...

camisadelgolf
12-09-2008, 06:38 AM
With college basketball season coming around, maybe Jungle Talk would be better served if it were changed to a "Non-Baseball Sports" forum.

WMR
12-09-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm fine with it like it is. I like having a forum for just Bengals coverage. I know that if I go in there it's going to be about the Bengals. JMO.

WMR
12-09-2008, 07:39 AM
However, making two additional sub-forums that would be directly below "Jungle Talk" inscribed "College Hoops" and "College Football" would be a nice way to better organize the non-baseball side.

camisadelgolf
12-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I don't know the best way of doing it, but I like the idea of organizing the other sports threads somehow. Personally, I don't care at all about what Indiana football or Kentucky basketball is doing, and I know a lot of people don't care about what my Bearcats are doing either.

AmarilloRed
12-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Maybe another forum to cover other sports. I think they should cover more than college football and college basketball, though.

*BaseClogger*
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I like the idea of having a "Non-Baseball Sports" forum and "Non-Baseball Chatter" forum...

Boss-Hog
12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
All,

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback. We're discussing this topic and should have a resolution shortly.

Boss-Hog
12-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Done...please see here (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1776483). Thanks again for the suggestions.

camisadelgolf
12-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Cool. I like how it is so far, personally. If you ask me, the threads in non-baseball chatter seems more clean and pertinent to each other.

remdog
12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm with Willy Mo on this one. Let the other sports stay where they are. This is just a bad idea. All you get is two jumbled up threads.

From baseclogger:I never go into "The Jungle" but I am much more inclined to discuss college football...
12-08-2008 08:56 AM

That's a general topic. (famous shrug) So discuss all you want but don't screw up a specific area of conversation just because you don't go there.

Rem

*BaseClogger*
12-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Well, the NFL is also a general topic and many of the threads in "The Jungle" have moved in that direction thanks to the Bengals ineptitude. There is especially little Bengals conversation in their offseason. It always seemed weird that threads about college football were mixed together with threads about the economy; it only makes sense to separate them, like most message boards...