PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Hermida rumors, Reds involved...

wojo1025
12-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Jeremy Hermida Rumors
By Tim Dierkes [December 10 at 12:04pm CST]

"Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel discusses Jeremy Hermida trade possibilities in a blog post today (hat tip, Rays Index). He says the Reds have definitely shown interest, and also discusses the Rays. Berardino's sources believe Micah Owings could be had, but not Johnny Cueto. In the case of the Rays it'd apparently take Andy Sonnanstine rather than Edwin Jackson."

How can you even put Cueto and Owings in the same trade rumor?! Would the Reds go ahead and flip Owings before he throws a single pitch for them?

Bip Roberts
12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Hermida would be a great pick up. He is a bit injury prone but id deal with it.

redsfandan
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
i just saw that. i'd do micah for hermida.

edit: i like owings but we could afford to part with him to fill a hole and hermida has more upside.

Lockdwn11
12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Hermida hits Left handed but I would be interested to see what he would cost us.

wojo1025
12-10-2008, 01:30 PM
12:26pm: Berardino has an update. He says the Marlins proposed trading Hermida to the Rays for two pitchers, likely among Jeff Niemann, Wade Davis, Jeremy Hellickson, and Mitch Talbot. The Rays rejected the offer and it's unlikely to be revisited.

Berardino now says the Reds have yet to inquire on Hermida.

redsfandan
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
hopefully the idea has been planted in walts mind if he hadn't already thought of hermida. although if they wanted two from that bunch they'll likely want bailey.

roby
12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
hopefully the idea has been planted in walts mind if he hadn't already thought of hermida. although if they wanted two from that bunch they'll likely want bailey.

Give them Bailey! Hermida or bruce could play center field. THEN go get your right handed bat to play left field. :thumbup:

Bip Roberts
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Id be perfectly fine with a line up that had Bruce, Hermida, Votto, Edwin, through the middle of it the oldest of which is Votto I think. I really think I could deal with that

RedLakerFan24
12-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Micah Owings + Josh Roenicke(how ever you spell it) for Herimida, Walt Get this Done

CRedsLarkin11
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
At least Hermida has some upside. I wouldn't mind giving up Owings or Bailey. It would also prevent the signing of Baldelli, Burrell or Rivera which would be the most encouraging thing