PDA

View Full Version : I Didn't Know I Was So Popular

GAC
12-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I've seen where they updated the forum software and made some modifications. Still trying to figure some of it out.

Since then I keep getting all these notifications of members wanting to be friends with me.

I'm not loaning you any money! :D

Blimpie
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
It sounds like they are staging an intervention.

Be afraid...be very afraid.

:cool:

Caseyfan21
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
They have this whole friend thing on a couple other forums I post at. It's sort of cool to have people's profiles right at your fingertips and what not. Beyond that I'm not sure what all it does. Sort of just incorporating some of the features of the social network type sites I suppose.

OldRightHander
12-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I figured it was a new feature of the forum software. They do a similar thing on another forum I'm on that uses the same software.

GoReds33
12-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Personally, I love this feature. I've sent out quite a few requests. I haven't really chatted with most, but I really enjoy their posts. If you have time, stop by my page, and drop me a message or friend request. I think this will really help this site grow, as we will become more familiar with eachother.

Caveat Emperor
12-17-2008, 12:20 AM
It's not Facebook.

It's Redbook...?

oneupper
12-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Interesting Feature. I had a couple of requests also. I accepted, of couse, because you can never have too many friends.

Don't quite get what it does, but I guess we'll all find out sooner or later.

TeamCasey
12-17-2008, 08:10 AM
I just requested your friendship to be a smartacre. ;)

Heath
12-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Seems like it's some type of underground allegience....

...back at the Hall of Justice.....

Johnny Footstool
12-17-2008, 10:10 AM
It makes me feel like a big man. You know...important and stuff.

Heath
12-17-2008, 11:09 AM
It makes me feel like a big man. You know...important and stuff.

Don't worry - your 15 minutes will be up soon.

Unassisted
12-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Remember, anyone who has exactly 9 friends is obviously a member of the RedsZone 10. ;)

SunDeck
12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm sure the Ten have already become friends.

Johnny Footstool
12-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Don't worry - your 15 minutes will be up soon.

My 15 minutes ended in 1999.

Ltlabner
12-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Remember, anyone who has exactly 9 friends is obviously a member of the RedsZone 10. ;)

True, but non-members might stop taking friend requests at 9 to give the illusion of Redszone 10ness.

And the RZ10 is so powerful, they are likely to have some patsy non-members accept only 9 friend requests to spread disinformation and confusion.

GAC
12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Got nine more requests today!

Make it stop! :lol:

So maybe one of the mods can give further explanation on this feature for me. When you accept those requests, just exactly what does that mean? Is it simply like the Buddy List? Are there extra features you're then allowed to then do with those "friends" on the list.

(keep mind out of gutter) ;)

WMR
12-17-2008, 07:43 PM

So maybe one of the mods can give further explanation on this feature for me. When you accept those requests, just exactly what does that mean? Is it simply like the Buddy List? Are there extra features you're then allowed to then do with those "friends" on the list.

Don't worry, GAC, I promise not to post your social security number anywhere else.

Boss-Hog
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM

From vBulletin:

Gives quick access to their profiles so you can see what they have been up to. Also if you use the popup friends/contacts list on the Quick Tools menu, then you can mass send Private Messages to them. Though the later has been in the software since 3.0.

Chip R
12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Don't worry, GAC, I promise not to post your social security number anywhere else.

000-00-0002

WMR
12-17-2008, 09:10 PM
LOL We all know who was #1.

hint: his name begins with "R" and ends with "62."

klw
12-18-2008, 06:36 PM
If someone invites me to be their friend and I accept do I then invite them to be mine or does the acceptance create the same status for both? I don't want to seem rude by not sending out a simliar request by assuming that it would be redundant.

GoReds33
12-18-2008, 06:55 PM
If someone invites me to be their friend and I accept do I then invite them to be mine or does the acceptance create the same status for both? I don't want to seem rude by not sending out a simliar request by assuming that it would be redundant.If you accept, then you are both friends.

remdog
12-19-2008, 03:32 AM
If you accept, then you are both friends.

Like, does that mean we're going steady?

I can see where that would get complicated. :)

Rem

redsmetz
12-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Like, does that mean we're going steady?

I can see where that would get complicated. :)

Rem

Yeah, it had that sort of quality to it. I mentioned to someone that it felt like Junior High. I think they have this same feature on Classmates.com and I sent an old buddy an invite and off the email went saying, "Redsmetz wants to be your friend". Yikes. As I told another RZer today, it felt like "pass this note to Jenny and don't let Sister see it!"