PDA

View Full Version : What the Reds need to do to make me happy

Carin4Narron
01-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Take a chance on Ben Sheets.

Sign Bobby Abreu.

Griffey012
01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I would be fine with a bat like Abreu, not need to potentially cripple ourselves with an injury waiting to happen like Sheets. After all he has started 22,17,24, and 31 games over the last 4 seasons. We can't pay 12-15 million for a 22 game starter.

fewfirstchoice
01-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Sign O. Perez and P. Burrell.

mroby85
01-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Manny Ramirez- quite frankly, thats all they need.

Carin4Narron
01-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Manny Ramirez- quite frankly, thats all they need. be serious dude.

Carin4Narron
01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I would be fine with a bat like Abreu, not need to potentially cripple ourselves with an injury waiting to happen like Sheets. After all he has started 22,17,24, and 31 games over the last 4 seasons. We can't pay 12-15 million for a 22 game starter. Have Doc Hollywood take a look at Sheets, start him on a strengthing program, use him only in middle relief the 1st part of the year and give him a day off between appearences and use him as a starter the 2nd half and slowly build up his pitch count.

mroby85
01-03-2009, 01:01 PM
be serious dude.

Be serious about being a happy Reds fan. Until they start making the kind of moves they really need to make it will be season after season of what we've gotten the last 10 years. Their losing mentality on the free agent market has rubbed off on the fans to where they don't even expect anything out of them anymore. I realize they won't go get Ramirez, but the title of the thread was "what the reds need to do to make me happy" and to be honest, I think that is just as likely as sheets/abreu, and probably just as cheap.

Bip Roberts
01-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Manny would be about the only thing that would make me happy prior to the season.

Natty Redlocks
01-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Fire Dusty. They owe it to me, personally.

Carin4Narron
01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Be serious about being a happy Reds fan. Until they start making the kind of moves they really need to make it will be season after season of what we've gotten the last 10 years. Their losing mentality on the free agent market has rubbed off on the fans to where they don't even expect anything out of them anymore. I realize they won't go get Ramirez, but the title of the thread was "what the reds need to do to make me happy" and to be honest, I think that is just as likely as sheets/abreu, and probably just as cheap. It wouldn't take Manny to competetive. I agree getting a catcher from Baltimore and some hack center fielder from Colorado doesn't help the Reds at all competing to win the division. I am sick and tired of hearing the ''the small market'' excuse. Oakland, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay compete and they are in a so called small market. There is things the Reds can do to compete without making a outlashed signing like Manny.

CesarGeronimo
01-03-2009, 02:05 PM

Yes, this would make me happy.

BRM13
01-03-2009, 03:22 PM

:D LOL

mroby85
01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I think Dusty is the least of this teams worries, it's been proven a couple times if he has a good team they can compete in the postseason.

TheNext44
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
1) Sign Manny

2) Get me a date with Halle Berry

Pathetic thing about me is that I might actually be happier with 1 than with 2. To be honest, sometime I really wish I could not be a Reds fan, my life would be so much happier.

Ghosts of 1990
01-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I think its unlikely we go after sheets or abreu. I think Manny is as likely of a scenario as those two to be honest.

Emin3mShady07
01-03-2009, 09:44 PM
1) Sign Manny

2) Get me a date with Halle Berry

Pathetic thing about me is that I might actually be happier with 1 than with 2. To be honest, sometime I really wish I could not be a Reds fan, my life would be so much happier.

Halle Berry is getting kinda old sadly, I think there are younger better targets out there, namely jessica alba, scarlet johannson, natalie portman and keira knightley to name a few lol:thumbup:

But demanding the reds sign manny is kinda a stretch with the organization especially with his contract wishes. Hell, I wish the White Sox woiuld sign him but he is out of their reach because of fiscal issues as well and the white sox have a bigger budget than the reds. Really, for me, the reds need to add a corner OF bat they can actually acquire (maybe dye or burrell or even a power 3B and move EE to left but I don't think there are any out their I would really want) and a a SS that can play solid, above average defense. The bullpen and rotation look fairly good as of right now and I think they 15 or so million they have left should be able to net the above.

Stephenk29
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Abreau seems like the only real posibility to me. He is a decent outfielder still and he has one of the best plate approaches in the game. He would be a great middle of the order hitter for us. Manny just doesn't seem possilbe. Burrell is Dunn but not as productive IMO.

Maybe they can get Halle to be be one of the cheerleaders? That would be sweet considering my seats. haha.

morande
01-03-2009, 10:29 PM
You will sleep with halle berry before any of this happens, Manny is not going to be a Red, he will be too expensive for us in 2030 let alone now. Abreu isn't going to happen because they are soo set on a right handed bat, "which if you ask me I'd rather have a lefty who can play then right handed trash like Dye" I would love Burrell and think he is the only plausible LF in free agency but I don't think it will happend. I am willing to bet were done "stretching" the budget and we will see a dickerson hopper LF combo which won't be that bad if Dickerson is as good as he looked for the end of last year!!

And may I add Kate Beckinsale to your list Emini3m:beerme:

Hybrid
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Signing either Abreu or Burrell would do it for me.

stock
01-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Ben Sheets.

I love the defense in LF with Dickerson and Hopper. Sheets would give us three potential #1 SP. Pitching wins in the postseason.

A close second: Trade EdE and Juan Francisco for Adrian Beltre and Carlos Triunfel. Great defense upgrades pitching. Beltre, A Gon and Dickerson/Hopper is a huge defensive improvement over EdE, Keppinger and Dunn.

I don't think Seattle would give up Truinfel but would include Cozart and/or Maloney if necessary.